Menus for people who control body weight can contain almost all traditional dishes and products. Pies with potatoes and cabbage are no exception.
There is a common myth that baking quickly gains weight. But in reality, everything is a little different. How many calories in a pie with potatoes, how to make it less nutritious and whether it is possible to eat on a diet - details further.
Pies with potato or cabbage filling
Each excess calorie in the long run will cause weight gain. In order to eat well and not gain weight, it is important to consider the number of calories in each ingredient of the dish. The most popular are baked and fried pies with cabbage and potato filling.
Each filling option has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Potato is a product combined with any other ingredients. But it contains more calories.
- Cabbage - less calorie, but worse combined with additional components.
The calorie content of raw potatoes is 37 kcal per 100 grams, but the filling uses oil and other products, so the pies have a higher nutritional value.
Calorie content and properties of pies with potatoes and cabbage
Cakes are a source of carbohydrates, quick energy. They perfectly saturate and are suitable as a snack to satisfy hunger outside the house.
Calorie content for each type of dish:
- with potato filling - 245 kcal in 100 grams of the product;
- with cabbage filling - 220 kcal per 100 grams of product.
Potatoes are more high-calorie because they contain starch in the body processed into one of the types of easily digestible carbohydrate. Both types are tasty and healthy, rich in fiber and valuable vitamins.
Cabbage filling has such useful properties:
- cleanses the intestines;
- stimulates the metabolism;
- normalizes blood circulation;
- quickly satisfies hunger;
- stimulates the production of enzymes.
Potato pies are more valued for their energy potential, the ability to quickly satisfy hunger. But they also have useful substances - magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, antioxidants.
Calorie fried pies
Fried pies negatively affect the body, not only because of the high calorie content.
The energy value of different types of pies fried according to the classic recipe:
- with cabbage - 330 kcal per 100 grams;
- with potatoes - 350 kcal per 100 grams;
- with meat - 340 kcal per 100 grams;
- with eggs and herbs - 290 kcal per 100 grams.
That is, only 500 grams of pies contain a daily calorie intake for an average girl or woman with an inactive lifestyle. For men - 700 grams.
Calorie Baked Pies
A baked pie has a lower calorie content, since a large amount of fat is not required during cooking.
Comparison of nutritional value per 100 g:
- baked pies with potatoes - 220-240 kcal;
- with cabbage - 220 kcal.
Potato is a vegetable with a neutral taste, so it is combined with mushrooms, offal or meat. But in combination with supplements, calorie content can be significantly higher.
Properties of pies and their approximate weight
Cakes - pills for hunger, they saturate and give the body energy.
Their useful properties:
- providing the body with energy;
- supply of “building material” for cells (proteins, fats, vitamins);
- improving the functioning of the digestive system;
- normalization of energy metabolism.
Additional properties depend on the composition and additional ingredients. The average weight of one baked pie of a standard size is 50-60 grams, which means its calorie content is about 110-120 kcal. Fried pie weighs about 70-80 grams and its calorie content is about 220-240 kcal.
How to reduce calorie pies: what ingredients can be changed in the recipe?
Cakes can be less high-calorie, if you know a few tricks.
Substitution of products will help reduce nutritional value without compromising taste by 70-80%:
- White flour can be partially replaced by coarse grinding or diluted with bran.
- The filling should not be overcooked in oil - if you grind it in a pan with the lid closed, the fat content will be 70% lower.
- Instead of milk in the dough, you can use water without compromising the taste or properties of the dough.
- Butter and other animal fats must be completely eliminated, and pour a spoonful of vegetable (hemp or linseed) oil.
If you use vegetable filling, it is better to sculpt pies so that it is as large as possible. In this dish, the most high-calorie dish is still dough, not a vegetable component.
How to make a good dough?
Each mistress has her own recipes and the secrets of a good test. For those who have not yet developed a proven method of preparation, it remains only to test each recipe you like and compare.
Here is an example of a successful recipe:
- Pour yeast with a glass of warm milk.
- Add sugar (a pinch).
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 1 egg.
- Pour salt and mix with three glasses of flour.
The kneaded dough should be kept warm for 1.5 hours. The dough is suitable for frying pies with any fillings or for baking in the oven. If coarse flour is used, then you need to let the dough stand for at least 2 hours.
Which filling is better?
The total nutritional value also depends on the calorie content of the filling.
There are many different options for filling for pies, but the most useful for health and figures are listed below:
- Cottage cheese is a source of protein and calcium with a minimum calorie content (about 75 kcal per 100 grams).
- Meat is a source of protein and amino acids, rich in iron and other essential compounds.
- Mushrooms with onions - reduce blood sugar, protect the liver and cardiovascular system. Calorie content - up to 40 kcal per 100 grams, depending on the type.
- Braised cabbage with spices and garlic is not only a low-calorie product, but also an excellent stimulation of metabolic processes.
- Potatoes with liver, carrots and onions are the most successful combination of products to taste and also a source of iron, zinc, magnesium, folic acid, vitamins of group B and PP.
It should be guided by personal preferences and not to forget that the filling is useful only if you follow the rules of a healthy diet during cooking.
Toast or oven?
Food cooked in a pan with the addition of vegetable oil is not as healthy as baked in the oven. The fact is that when heated to critical parameters, the oil oxidizes, and molecules of toxic and carcinogenic substances appear in it. In addition, the caloric content of dough products fried in oil is 2-3 times higher than in the case of cooking in the oven.
Therefore, you should pay attention to these differences and give preference to baked products. If you want to fry the pies, then it is better to do this in a pan with non-stick coating and a minimal addition of oil.
The combination of pies with a diet menu
If you need to lose weight, then you need to limit yourself in the diet. Diet for weight loss involves the use of a minimum amount of carbohydrates and fats. Therefore, pies can only be prepared in the diet version.
- puff pastries (contain excess fat);
- premium white flour products;
- fried in oil or deep-fried.
Is there any harm from the pies
The composition of the pies and the filling is important not only for the figure, but also for the functioning of the body as a whole. In order to preserve health, it is important to choose only healthy and safe products in cooking.
If you follow the recommendations described, you can safely eat pies with your favorite fillings at least every day.