Shawarma is one of the most popular snacks not only in our country, but also in the West. The classic version of the oriental dish, can not be called diet. One serving (an average of 300 g), contains 500-700 kcal. For people who monitor their health and figure, this is unacceptable food.
However, do not completely abandon the delicious treats. By slightly changing the composition of the products and the method of preparation, you can get a delicious low-calorie snack.
The secrets of cooking dietary shawarma
The best way to make a healthy dish is to cook it yourself. The dish receives a large proportion of calories due to yeast dough and toppings from fatty varieties of fried meat with the addition of mayonnaise or sweet sauces.
The secret of dietary shawarma is to observe only two rules:
- use only healthy and lean ingredients;
- for heat treatment of products, cooking, stewing or baking are used.
Dietary Shawarma with Chicken: A Step-by-Step Recipe
Making a diet shawarma with chicken at home is not at all difficult.
To do this, you need to start a fresh dough:
- a mixture of wheat and whole grain flour - 200 g;
- half a glass of boiled warm water;
- salt - 20 g.
For the filling you need:
- chicken fillet - 200 g;
- Beijing cabbage - 100 g;
- tomato - 1 pc.;
- cucumber - 1 pc.;
- a small bunch of parsley;
- natural yogurt.
- Pour water into a deep bowl, salt. Make a small slide with a groove from the flour, slowly pouring the saline solution, kneading a cool dough. Cover the blank with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Boil the chicken, after the flesh has cooled, split into pieces.
- Rinse all the fruits, finely chop the cabbage and greens, cut the remaining vegetables into strips.
- Put the prepared components in a bowl, mix.
- Divide the dough into parts and roll it thinly. Fry each circle without oil on both sides.
- Smear the finished cakes with yogurt, lay the filling on top and roll up the tubes.
- If necessary, brown the rolls in a dry pan.
Vegetarian pp Shawarma
A tasty and satisfying snack, it is not necessary to cook with meat or fish. For those who do not eat animal proteins, or just want to diversify their menu, a vegetarian shawarma recipe is suitable.
For a nutritious meal, you will need:
- a sheet of yeast thin pita bread;
- champignons - 170 g;
- spinach - 250 g;
- onions - 1/2 head;
- a couple drops of olive oil;
- low-fat sour cream - 50 g;
- salt to taste.
- Rinse and boil the spinach.
- Heat the pan, pour in a little water, put the mushrooms and onions, simmer over low heat until cooked, sprinkle with oil, salt.
- Divide the pita into two or four parts, each grease with sour cream.
- Put a layer of spinach on top, then the rest of the filling. Sheets folded in the form of an envelope.
- Finish the finished products lightly on the dry surface of the cookware.
Shawarma Diet Sauce
Even the most lean dishes can be made high-calorie by adding fat sauce, mayonnaise or ketchup. For dietary shawarma, it is important to use only light and natural gravy, for example, based on yogurt (without sugar), yogurt, yogurt, or ripe tomatoes.
Below are some simple and tasty recipes for homemade sauces:
The following ingredients will be required:
- a glass of kefir 1%;
- a teaspoon of mustard;
- two medium cloves of garlic;
- several branches of dill;
- lemon juice -20 g.
How to cook: Pour a sour-milk drink into a suitable dish, add mustard and garlic pulp. Sprinkle the kefir composition with chopped herbs and pour in the lemon juice, mix. Before use, wait 10-15 minutes for the sauce to brew well.
List of required components:
- one large orange;
- a tablespoon of natural honey;
- a pinch of ground pepper;
Method of preparation: Rinse the fruit, cut into two, squeeze the juice and slightly warm. Stir honey in warm nectar and add spices. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and leave for half an hour.
Dietary fillings for PP shawarma
It's no secret that the oriental dish gained wide popularity precisely for its alluring aroma and bright appetizing appearance. You can create a juicy and satisfying meal, not only with the use of meat additives.
Table of various dietary fillings for pita bread.
|1||Curd cheese||Soft curd, garlic, parsley, dill, natural yogurt.|
|2||Cheese||Hard cheese, white cabbage, pickled cucumber and tomato.|
|3||With seafood||Boiled shrimp with vegetables.|
|4||Fish||Baked pink salmon, seaweed, greens.|
|5||Mushroom||Stewed champignons, onions, Adyghe cheese lettuce.|
|6||With beans||String beans, carrots with olive oil.|
|7||With turkey||Minced turkey, stewed vegetables (zucchini, bell peppers, onions, carrots, cauliflower).|
|eight||With egg||Two boiled eggs, chicken breast, processed cheese, greens.|
|nine||With rice||Boiled brown rice, boiled egg, Beijing cabbage, kefir-garlic dressing.|
|ten||With liver||Minced liver, passivated onions, garlic, cream sauce.|
How many calories are in diet shawarma?
With proper preparation, the calorie content of one medium portion (200 g) is 180-290 kcal.
|No.||Types of Shawarma||Calorie content per 100 g.|
|2||With turkey, vegetables and sauce||128-132|
PP shawarma is prepared with lots of vegetables and herbs. Processing of products occurs by cooking, baking and stewing. Various spices and seasonings: garlic, pepper, curry, caraway seeds, nutmeg, ginger help to spice up the spice, not exceeding the calorie intake.
And how do you cook PP shawarma? Maybe you have your own recipe? Share in the comments.