Braised cabbage helps to lose weight, it is often included in the menu of various diets. With proper preparation, the product benefits the body.
There are also a number of contraindications that must be considered when using stewed cabbage for weight loss .
Calorie stewed cabbage, BJU
100 g of product contains 99.3 kcal.
The composition of macronutrients:
- proteins - 2.6 g;
- fats - 5.8 g;
- carbohydrates - 9.8 g.
Features of the effect of the product on the body
The product helps to establish the work of the stomach, reduce blood cholesterol. With regular use, stewed cabbage minimizes the risk of developing atherosclerosis of blood vessels.
Removes toxins and toxins.
Braised cabbage helps in the fight against the following diseases:
- liver pathology;
- urolithiasis disease.
The benefits of stewed cabbage diet
- Low calorie content.
- High in vitamins. Heat treatment does not destroy beneficial substances.
- Long saturation.
- Bowel cleansing (due to the large amount of fiber).
Why is losing weight on cabbage good?
Cabbage contains vital substances:
- Vitamin C in large quantities.
- Iodine (contributes to the normal functioning of the thyroid gland).
- Potassium (provides removal of excess fluid).
- Fiber (removes intestinal slag).
- Folic acid (necessary for the growth and development of the circulatory and immune systems).
- Tartronic acid (inhibits the processing of carbohydrates into fats).
Features of the cabbage diet
To achieve a positive result, a cabbage diet should be observed for at least 7 days.
During the week you need to eat the main dish 2 times a day, for example, for breakfast and dinner or for lunch and dinner. Various cereals, boiled low-fat meat , low-fat fish, dairy products can serve as additional snacks.
It is important to observe the regimen of drinking water. Allowed drinks include green tea without added granulated sugar, dried fruit compote or rose hips.
One of the main rules of a vegetable diet is the fragmentation of nutrition. The bottom line is that the minimum number of meals is 5 times. Between snacks equal intervals of time are counted. In this mode, the stomach secretes juice, which is necessary for the rapid absorption of food.
Vegetables can be prepared for 2-3 days, the product is stored in a refrigerator for a long time.
Dietary dishes are best prepared in a pan or crock-pot.
What rules should be observed:
- Use a minimal amount of salt.
- Stew the vegetable in water; you can’t fry it in sunflower oil.
- The following spices can be added: cloves, turmeric, curry.
- Minimize the amount of granulated sugar (the product is high in calories and is not suitable for consumption during the diet).
- Use juice or sauce for dressing. To give the dish a sour taste, add a mixture of vinegar and sugar (10 grams of each ingredient is used).
- For weight loss, exclude sausages from the diet.
- Serve the stewed vegetable in an independent form or with side dishes. Examples of side dishes: buckwheat, potatoes, rice.
- For stewing, you can use fresh or sauerkraut. Both types are suitable for cooking diet foods.
- Before cooking, fresh head of cabbage must be washed, from the upper leaves, remove the stump. Sauerkraut is not washed, as the amount of nutrients in the product is reduced.
- Refuse mayonnaise when cooking.
- cabbage - 500 g;
- carrots - 2 pcs.;
- tomato paste - 200 ml;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- tomatoes - 4 pcs.;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- water - 130 ml;
- chopped greens;
- salt and various spices (added to taste).
Step by step recipe:
- Prepare a cabbage cut (it is necessary that the juice stands out).
- Grind tomatoes.
- Slice the onions into rings.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- Fold the blanks in a cast-iron container, pour in water, install on a stove.
- Add bay leaf.
- Stew the dish for 25 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and spices (after softening vegetables).
- Stew for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped herbs.
- Instead of tomatoes, soy sauce is allowed.
- You can diversify the menu by replacing tomato paste with ketchup. alternative to tomatoes - soy sauce;
- It is better to cook cabbage in a slow cooker in the “Stew” mode: this way it will contain fewer calories.
- cabbage - 1500 g;
- chicken breast - 450 g (you can use chicken legs);
- tomato paste - 30 g;
- onions, carrots - 1 to 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil - 1/3 cup;
- salt, pepper to taste.
Algorithm of actions:
- Chicken meat (large pieces are needed).
- Fry the breast for 4 minutes (until the product turns white, the frying is done in oil).
- Cook cabbage slices.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater, chop onion.
- Fold the blanks in a container of cast iron, add water, tomato dressing, salt and pepper.
- Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes (with the lid closed).
- Expect food to cool.
- Sprinkle with herbs.
Ingredients (allow you to cook 6 servings):
- cabbage - 700 g;
- carrots - 3 pcs.;
- champignon mushrooms - 250 g;
- onion - 3 pcs.;
- pepper (any kind can be used) - 2 pcs.;
- tomato paste - 3 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs.;
- tomatoes - 50 g;
- olive oil;
- salt and various spices to taste.
Algorithm of actions:
- Chop the head of cabbage.
- Peel and chop carrots and onions.
- Remove seeds from pepper and cut the vegetable into strips.
- Grind tomatoes into cubes.
- Fry the prepared vegetables with oil.
- Add tomato paste.
- Fry the champignons in a separate bowl.
- Scald shredded cabbage with boiling water.
- Put the cabbage in a cast-iron bowl, pour water in, start the braising process.
- Expect to soften the cabbage slices, then add the vegetable fry.
- Pour mushrooms into the mixture.
- Salt and add seasoning to the dish.
- Close the lid.
- Simmer on low heat for half an hour.
- Stir the dish (to prevent burning).
With meat and prunes
- cabbage - 1400 g;
- beef (low-fat grade is required) - 200 g;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- prunes (a stone should be removed) - 150 g;
- tomato paste - 3 tbsp. l .;
- water - 250 ml;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- salt, bay leaf (added to taste).
- Sauté beef in vegetable oil for 10 minutes.
- Steam the prunes in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Chop the cabbage and put in a container for cooking.
- Add the meat to the cabbage.
- Chop carrots and onions.
- Mix vegetables with tomato paste, salt and add bay leaf.
- Chop prunes.
- Add a mixture of vegetables, prunes to the slow cooker.
- Cook on the "Extinguishing" mode for 40 minutes.
Harm and contraindications for stewed cabbage
Not everyone fits stewed cabbage for weight loss.
Contraindications for the use of the product:
- increased gas formation;
- kidney pathology;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- peptic ulcer: the product leads to worsening and severe pain;
- cholecystitis (acute course of the disease);
- disorders in the genitourinary system;
- delayed ejaculation.
Contraindications must be taken into account before you go on a cabbage diet.