A common and many familiar problem is neck swelling, muscle pain, headache. This all happens due to many factors, the avoidance of which is not possible. To restore comfort, relieve fatigue, let's learn how to relax the muscles of the neck and back.
Why the neck is numb
What is a lifestyle of a modern person? Let's introduce the most ordinary office employee. For 8–9 hours he sits in a chair, interrupting for a cup of coffee and lunch. Before his eyes is a screen that he is looking at all the time. And so most of the week goes.
On weekends, the most ordinary office worker is at home or in a bar with friends, where he sits or lies again. What happens to the muscles? They receive little blood, they are numb. As a result of this, the vertical load on the spine ceases to be divided between it and the muscles and completely lays on the skeleton.
The spinal cord is located in the spine, the roots of which extend beyond the spinal canal. In these places, with a similar state of affairs, the spinal roots are jammed, as a result of which a person feels numb in the limbs, pain.
In addition to all this, the blood supply to the brain is disturbed, because the neck is a strategically important bridge between the body and the neck. Hence the headaches.
So why the neck can go numb:
- Long lack of mobility, change of poses.
- Short or long stay in very uncomfortable postures for the neck (most often during sleep).
How to make everything in order with the neck
There are several ways to protect yourself from neck problems. Surely you have met in people's lives, and maybe you yourself have been in situations where the neck hurts from chronic stress or draft.
In this state, a person cannot turn his head, and this is very uncomfortable. To avoid such situations (they cannot be 100% avoided, because anything happens in life, but you can minimize the risk of such an incident), you need to do this.
When you are at work, try to ensure right angles everywhere. This means that the bending angle of your body in the knees and pelvis should be 90 degrees. Ideally, the center of the PC screen should be at your eye level in this position. It is possible that in this position you will be less tired.
This advice is not only for those who have strained muscles of the back, neck. We recommend such a scheme at the workplace to everyone, everyone who wants to avoid problems such as chronic stress.
When you sleep, pay attention to the bed. The surface for sleep should be smooth, bending the neck is unacceptable. An important part of a comfortable sleep is the pillow. We highly recommend purchasing an orthopedic pillow. Lie down on her once. Believe me, you rethink a lot.
When your neck is tense, using the pillow you can ensure her rest. This is a proven option. And if you sleep in an uncomfortable position, then daytime tension combined with nighttime will turn your neck muscles into stone. In the morning you will hardly turn your head, or it will hurt.
It is necessary to take care of a stiff neck, create comfortable conditions for it, wrap it in a scarf. No kidding, try to protect your neck.
It’s worth sleeping one night in a draft, the next morning you wake up with hellish pain in your neck, you can’t turn your heads. This is muscle inflammation. But you could have avoided all this.
In winter, always wear scarves if the jacket is not equipped with a high collar with a zipper. Take care of the nape, tendons are attached there. This is a very weak spot.
Massage and special exercises
Now let's talk about the most enjoyable part of our conversation today - massage. When something is numb, you can ask a loved one to wrinkle your neck. Massage the neck and shoulders perfectly relieves fatigue. In some cases, he has to sleep.
You can do yourself a massage. The technique will be as follows:
- Sitting, grab your head on both sides with your hands, place your fingers on the back of the head. Feel the tubercle on the back of the head - tendons from the muscle are attached to it from below. Massage this place with your fingers. Next, massaging movements go down to the base of the neck. Walk up and down several times, making pressing and circular movements with 4 fingers of each hand.
- Now walk your arms from neck to shoulders. This is the top of the trapeze, think them mercilessly on the verge of pain and euphoria. If they are hard, crush them until they become like dough.
- So that the trapezoid is not tense, rest your elbows on the table. In limbo they hold your hands so that they do not fall down.
- When you massage the back of the head and neck - put your head on your forehead on books or something else so that the muscles do not strain to maintain position.
- With your fingers, gently press and stroke the front of the neck to the right and left of the Adam's apple. Attention! There are pain points, important blood vessels pass in the same place, so press very lightly so that it is pleasant. Do not make sudden movements.
- The trapezius muscle is considered part of the back, so these tips apply to the question of how to relax your back muscles.
The most pleasant places for massage are the occipital part and the top of the trapezium. The top of the trapezium connects the shoulder girdle and neck. A huge load on the fixation of the hands falls on this part of the muscle. If not for them, our hands would drop to the knees. But the muscle mechanism does not allow this to happen.
Friends, a relaxing massage is truly a healing thing! Once every 3 months it is very useful and great to undergo a back and neck massage course.
But remember, a good specialist with appropriate documents should do the massage. Careless handling of your back and neck can hurt!
If your neck muscles are tense, special exercises will help you. There are several complexes that allow for the prevention of such phenomena.
The first complex is based on neck movements. Your task is to make circular movements in all directions, tilting the neck sideways, forward and backward. Moreover, with each slope and circle try to increase the amplitude of motion. All movements are performed slowly, thoughtfully. You can’t rush here, because careless and sharp muscle strain can complicate your situation.
The second option is isometric load. Scientists came to the conclusion that after such a strain, the muscle should relax. This is true, relaxation comes after intense stress. On the one hand, it’s ridiculous to strain an already tense muscle. And on the other - it works.
The following complex is based on the principle of isometry. It can be performed sitting directly at the workplace (only so that the boss would not see):
- Sit straight, tilt your head with your chin down. Hands clasp a head near a nape. Try to raise your head, and interfere with your hands to do it. A tension will develop behind the neck, which needs to be held for 5-10 seconds. Relax and wait 20 seconds. Repeat exercise 3 times.
- Now grab your left hand with the left part of your head and press it against your right shoulder. If stretching does not allow, tilt as you can. Try to get your head back, and do not let it do with your hand. Hold the voltage for 5-10 seconds. Repeat the exercise three times, each time tilting your head more and more.
- Put your elbows on the table, head forehead in the palm of your hand. Tighten your neck as if you are stretching your chin to your neck. Hands bother you. Keep voltage up to 10 seconds. Do it thrice.
After all, stroking the muscles of the neck by stroking. Charging is over, nothing should flow in the coming hours! In general, warm up more often, tilt your neck to the right and left, make circular movements. Muscles love mobility!