One of the first, the idea of rejecting “empty calories”, expressed Dr. Peter Gott. The weight loss program is revealed in his book “Diet Without Sweet and Meal”. The author offers various options for the daily menu, talks about useful and harmful products.
The doctor honestly warns that such a scheme is not suitable for everyone who wants to find a slim figure. A radical change in eating habits, in the presence of certain diseases, can adversely affect the health of a losing weight person.
Is it possible to lose weight quickly if you exclude sweet and starchy foods from the menu
The question is whether it is possible to lose weight if you do not eat bread and sweets , many girls ask who want to acquire beautiful body shapes. Often, even after receiving a positive answer, many cannot cope with their addictions and do not withstand restrictions.
The problem of breaking the habit of habitual products is more psychological. Therefore, immediately resorting to radical measures is not worth it. The main key to success is gradualness.
The body should not experience serious stress during the transition to a different organization of nutrition, otherwise a breakdown is inevitable. Strict restrictions in the future provoke overeating, metabolic disorders and can lead to even more weight gain.
Diet without flour and sweet: 6 rules
In the transition to a low-carb type of food, you need to completely abandon sweets, confectioneries and bakery products from white flour.
In addition, it is necessary to adhere to six basic principles:
- To sustain without breakdowns the first week. This is the most difficult phase of the program. It is important to make every effort and not break the diet at the very beginning of the journey. After seven days, the need for sugar is significantly reduced, there is a restructuring of the body to other circumstances.
- Eat evenly. Eat 4-6 times a day, serving size, should not exceed 250-300 gr.
- Observe drinking regimen. The main source of liquid is ordinary water (mineral water, bottled, boiled). It is allowed to drink black, green, red tea, chicory, coffee, herbal drinks, dried fruit compotes.
- Provide a good sleep and rest. Severe stress, nervous tension or constant lack of sleep can lead to excessive production of cortisol. Excessive content of this hormone in the body leads to the blocking of fat burning processes.
- Do not neglect physical activity. It takes 25-30 minutes daily to do sports. Effective types of loads include: walking, running, cycling, swimming, playing tennis, jumping rope, squats.
- Constantly monitor the general condition of the body during weight loss. If you feel unwell, dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain and other negative reactions, you should immediately interrupt the diet.
21 days without sweets: a sample menu for the day
Specialists in the field of healthy nutrition argue that in order to break the habit of unhealthy eating habits, it takes about three weeks. Nutritionists have developed a special menu without sweets, which should be followed for up to twenty days.
Table No. 1 Approximate daily diet “21 days without sweets”.
The dishes on offer can be combined and add acceptable ingredients depending on individual taste preferences.
|Morning||7 a.m. - 9 a.m.||Cottage cheese casserole with dried apricots and prunes, chicory||Porridge on milk, hibiscus||Omelet with cheese and tomatoes|
|Lunch||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.||Rye bread, half avocado, tea||Boiled egg, oatmeal cake||An Apple|
|Dinner||13: 00-14: 00||Brown rice with beef, cucumber slices||Salmon, cabbage salad with a spoon of olive oil, herbs||Vegetable soup, 2 bran bread|
|High tea||16: 00-17: 00||A piece of baked pumpkin, herbal drink||Half grapefruit, cottage cheese-120 g.||Nuts-100 g, a glass of yogurt|
|Dinner||18: 00-20: 00||Broccoli Chicken Meatballs||Braised zucchini with carrots and garlic||Turkey baked with cauliflower|
The technique, based on the exclusion of sweets and yeast baking from everyday food, does not mean the presence of a meager monotonous menu or starvation.
Is it possible to lose weight if you refuse only bread?
Not everyone can enjoy the pleasure of eating a crispy bun, a cheese or fish sandwich. Overcoming addiction to flour, will not work quickly.
To lose weight, it is not necessary to completely exclude bread products from the diet. The most high-calorie are wheat flour products. Reduce the total daily calorie content, allows the rejection of white bread, baguettes, rolls, loaves and other pastries.
Losing weight people who cannot imagine life without flour should choose more useful options for bread production:
- made from whole grain, oat, flaxseed, rye flour with the addition of bran;
- lean bread;
- thin pita bread.
Is it possible to lose weight if you do not eat sweets?
Excessive consumption of sugar will certainly lead to overweight, tooth problems, and skin deterioration. It is scientifically proven that excessive consumption of this substance leads to faster aging of cells, provokes aggravation of thrush, rashes on the body.
To completely give up sweets is not entirely reasonable, and even pointless. In moderation, sugar can benefit the body. What is a moderate amount, it is necessary to clarify here separately, the fact is that one marshmallow contains a daily norm of sugar, it follows that if you ate one marshmallow today it is a moderate amount for this type of treat. It must be borne in mind that it is hidden in many products: yogurt, mayonnaise, black bread, curds (not to be confused with natural cottage cheese, these products have nothing to do with it), processed or glazed curds, ketchup. These products must be removed from the diet.
Moderately acceptable treats include:
- natural honey (buckwheat, linden, flower, rapeseed);
- dried fruits (prunes, dried apricots, figs, apricots);
- dark chocolate (with a cocoa content of 80%).
To drink tea with sweets, they do not have to be bought in a store. Useful and low-calorie dessert from cottage cheese, you can cook it yourself . To do this, you just need to get a couple of diet recipes for homemade oatmeal cookies, cottage cheese or almond sweets.
How much can you sweet and floury while losing weight?
In order to lose extra pounds, it is not necessary to completely abandon bakery products and sweets. An important rule to follow is moderation.
Eating fast carbohydrates is better in the morning. Up to 20 g of sugar or 3-4 teaspoons are allowed per day, without prejudice to the figure. Too fat and high-calorie desserts, it is better to replace with dark chocolate, marshmallows. For example, during lunch, you can allow 2 cubes of chocolate or a small strip of marshmallow without sprinkling.
Of course, if we are talking about sweets, then when losing weight, they play an important role. Exceeding the norm will certainly affect the final result. At best, the weight will go away very slowly, at worst, just stand still.
During the day, it is recommended to eat about 100 g of bread. A few thin slices, you can eat with soup during lunch or eat a healthy sandwich for a mid-morning snack with kefir or yogurt.
How to stop eating sweets and flour forever
Getting rid of sugar and flour addiction can be very difficult. Especially if the traditionally habitual dinner ends with tea with sweets, cookies or a piece of cake.
The easiest way to overcome cravings for sweets and pastries is to help the following tips:
- You must have a real motive. The presence of a clearly formulated goal allows us to achieve the desired forms.
- Constantly study the literature on proper nutrition, the processes occurring in the body when eating one or another food.
- Analyze all the pros and cons of a “bad treat”.
- Include more protein ingredients, vegetables, herbs, avocados, ginger, nuts, and seeds in your diet.
- Find a suitable replacement for sweets. High-calorie desserts should be replaced with honey, fruits, dried fruits, marmalade, marshmallows.
- Make daily sports a habit. Enough to give 15-20 minutes a day. Regular physical activity, produces stamina, willpower, allows you to spend the energy received from food, strengthen muscles and tighten the skin.
How much can you lose weight if you do not eat sweets and flour in a week?
Quickly throw 10-15 kg. for a week, even giving up bread and pastry treats, it will not work. This method works much softer and slower than most popular express diets. However, it is worthwhile to understand that excessively sharp weight loss will certainly affect the health of losing weight.
With the right approach, in seven days, it will take no more than 500-800 g. If you have an active lifestyle, in one and a half to two weeks, you can get rid of 2.5-3 extra pounds. Adhering to the planned strategy, for six months you can remove 7-8 kg, for a year - up to 15-17 kg.
By reducing the consumption of bakery products and sugar, a person receives in return an improvement in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, normalization of metabolic processes, gets rid of heaviness, bloating, and acquires lightness and harmony.