The exercise “good moning” is leaning forward with a barbell. It is widely used in weightlifting, crossfit, powerlifting. Serves to strengthen the long muscles of the back, biceps of the hips and buttocks. The movement has become widely used in fitness with the growing popularity of “buttock” training. However, many coaches consider him traumatic and do not give charges. What is completely in vain - goodmonding can be effectively performed with a light barbell too, the main thing is to do it technically correct.
- The neck is mounted on racks at a height that would allow you to take it safely to the level of the clavicular bones or the bottom of the trapezius muscle. A high barbell is not allowed in this exercise;
- The athlete fits the weight exactly like in a squat. The body is located in the center of the bar so that the weight is distributed evenly between the halves of the body;
- Vulture is placed low, on the bottom of the trapezius muscle. If there is no discomfort in the shoulders, you can omit it and even lower;
- The blades should be gathered to the center so that the back is stiff;
- Grip - slightly wider than the shoulders, the goal is to fix the barbell on the shoulders as tightly as possible;
- The bar is removed from the racks in one motion - extension in the knee joints;
- The body is fixed while standing, it makes sense to place the feet as in a squat - the heels are conditionally under the shoulders, the socks are slightly deployed, at a convenient anatomical width
- The forward bend is due to flexion in the hip joints;
- The knees can be slightly bent;
- The tilt is performed to parallel with the floor or slightly higher;
- The reverse movement is carried out without additional voltage of the housing.
Errors and recommendations
Errors include lifting the body in jerks, as well as at the expense of the "insertion" of the knees and the associated inertial motion. It is also considered a mistake to round the back both in the thoracic and in the lumbar region and relax the hands, which leads to the sliding of the bar along the path;
To master this exercise usually helps to perform it with a light stick or empty bar. A lot of weight on the bar and a weak technique is the path to injury;
You should start with slopes without weight if the beginner has stiff biceps of the hips and too poor mobility in the hip joint;
Work with a bar in goodmonding should not consist in straightening the spine due to forced extension of the nape forward. The natural back deflection should be maintained;
The movement should not break in two parts, be torn, or hypertrophied in the upper part.
This exercise is used if you want to work out mainly the muscles of the back, and not the back of the thighs.
The exercise is as follows:
- The bench is installed in racks;
- Barbell - at the usual height;
- The athlete takes off weight while standing, as with a normal gray-haired man on a bench;
- With the first repetition, he performs a squat on a bench;
- Then the athlete performs forward bends so as to provide maximum depth;
- The hips are divorced to the side at a comfortable width, for most people, like in a squat;
- Exhalation is carried out on the rise of the bar, when the body will pass two-thirds of the trajectory;
- Returning the projectile to the racks - in reverse order
Standing goodmonings can also be done with dumbbells when it comes to light weight. In training focused on pumping the buttocks, a wider stance is practiced, and a deeper tilt in goodmondering. The movement itself is not technically different from normal.
The Good Morning training program with a barbell can be included as the main exercise for the back chain. For the harmonious development of the legs and buttocks, it is supplemented with squats, leg presses, front squats and other exercises.