Bending your arms for biceps on the upper block is an insulating supporting exercise that can be performed at the end of a workout to achieve the target muscle group.
This exercise in isolation loads:
- Biceps or biceps muscle of the shoulder.
- Shoulder muscle or brachialis. She is under the biceps and with it participates in bending the arms in the elbow joints.
- The brachioradius muscle - runs along the outside of the forearm.
- Round pronator.
If you do the exercise correctly, no other muscles should receive a tangible load. Contraindications for performing flexions are injuries of the elbow joints or wrists.
You can work on biceps using the resistance of the cables of the block simulator in different ways. As for the upper block specifically, there are two options:
- Bending the arms in a crossover while standing or sitting.
- Bending your arms for biceps on a block while lying on a horizontal bench.
Standing or sitting
Bending your arms for biceps in a crossover is as follows:
- Attach semicircular handles to the cables passing through the upper blocks. Grasp the handles with a reverse grip and stand between the legs of the treadmill exactly in the middle. If you plan to do the exercise while sitting, put a bench between the supports and sit on it. Ideally, the blocks should be at a height of 30-40 centimeters above the level of your shoulders.
- In the initial position, the arms are slightly bent at the elbows, tense and are in the same plane with the crossover struts. Turn the brushes a little on yourself. Keep your wrists and shoulders in good shape throughout the entire movement. When they relax, it is easy to get a dislocation or sprain.
- Tighten your biceps as much as possible and pull the handles of the cables towards you so that your hands are at the temple level. You can bend your wrists slightly. At the final point, hold for 1-2 seconds and slowly return to the starting position under control.
- Do the right number of repetitions.
When doing the exercise, your arms from shoulder to elbow are in a constant position parallel to the floor. By controlling your actions in such a way that the movement occurs only in the elbow joint, you will maximize the target muscle group.
The biceps flexion in the crossover is performed synchronously with two hands. In this case, the body remains strictly in the center of the simulator and does not deviate from the plane of its racks.
Lying on a horizontal bench
Place a bench next to the support of the block simulator.
- Attach a straight handle to the cable passing through the upper unit. Grasp the handle by the back grip and lay on the bench with your head to the counter. The brushes can be placed shoulder width apart or narrower - the exercise is performed anyway.
- In the initial position, the head hangs slightly from the edge of the bench, the feet are on the floor, and the arms are slightly bent at the elbow joints. The wrists and shoulder joints are fixed, the shoulders are perpendicular to the floor.
- Tighten your biceps and pull the handle toward you to the level of your forehead, bending your arms at the elbow joints. Hold at the point of maximum voltage for 1-2 seconds and smoothly return to the starting position.
- Do the right number of repetitions.
It is convenient to bend the arms on the block while lying down because the body is in a fixed position. You can use not only a straight line, but also an EZ-pen. For its implementation, it is not necessary to have a large frame for crossovers with two racks in the hall, because only one block is used here.
Inclusion in the training program
Arm curl on a block simulator, as a rule, is placed at the end of a workout in order to reload the biceps after performing basic exercises.
The weight used is medium or light. The muscles are already quite tired of previous exercises. It is recommended to do 3-4 sets of 10-15 repetitions.