Many do not think about the benefits of a pickled product, but even doctors talk about its healing properties. It is believed that pickles can relieve many diseases, restore male strength and restore female beauty.
Calorie sauerkraut and BJU
Sauerkraut is a popular dish that has long been prepared in Russia. Additional ingredients during sourdough enrich it with vitamins, minerals, macrocells that normalize the intestinal microflora.
It is important to know one fact - during cooking, do not add table vinegar to the dish: it neutralizes the action of nutrients.
BZHU per 100 g:
- proteins - 1.1 grams;
- fats - 0.2 grams
- carbohydrates - 4.37 grams.
The nutritional value of 100 g is 19 kcal.
General fermentation rules
In ancient times, it was believed that the best time for the marinade was Pokrov (October 14). Modern housewives prefer to cook cabbage early: in September-October. At this time, the product retains the maximum amount of sugar, which gives the finished dish an exquisite taste.
When preparing cabbage, it is important to follow the rules:
- salt is bought only with table salt, iodized will spoil the product;
- heads of cabbage are chosen with a flattened top;
- for marinade use white cabbage, green varieties will not work;
- the weight of one head should not exceed 4 kg;
- external dirty leaves are thrown away.
The recipe for the right yeast:
- The cabbage is finely chopped, you can add 1-2 carrots, grated on a coarse grater.
- Grind vegetables with salt. In an enameled container spread uncut cabbage, sprinkle 2-3 tbsp. l salt, mix, crush. The more cabbage emits juice, the tastier the finished dish will turn out.
- Add carrots and 1-2 tbsp. l Sahara.
- Finished products are tightly laid in jars with a capacity of 1-3 liters.
- After 2-3 hours, check the marinade. The juice should cover the pickles completely, if there is free space left in the jar, it is poured with cold boiled water.
- The jar is transferred to a warm place, covered with a plastic lid with holes. In the process of fermentation, the product will secrete additional juice, a bowl should be placed under the container to collect, so as not to stain the floor.
- For 3 days, the cabbage must be pierced with a stick or spoke, this will help to release the formed air bubbles.
After 6-7 days, the pickled marinade is ready, it can be served on the table. Store is in a dark and cool place (basement, cellar).
What is the difference between salted and sauerkraut?
The fermentation process came to us from the distant past, when our ancestors did not know how to get salt. They stored food in various containers, where the fermentation process took place.
During cooking, the difference between salting and sourdough is insignificant. The finished product is distinguished by taste.
The main differences:
- For starter use only table salt, it is added in a small amount or not put at all. For pickles, parsley, dill, spices are additionally bought, more salt and spices are added.
- It is important to store sauerkraut only in a cool place. In the process of fermentation, it retains the necessary nutrients for the body. Pickles are placed anywhere, the jar with the finished product is stored in the kitchen or on the balcony.
- Sauerkraut should ferment in its own juice for at least 6-7 days, salted cabbage is ready in 2-3 days.
It retains all useful trace elements thanks to its own sour-milk bacteria that form during fermentation. A salty dish is stored thanks to a large amount of salt and additional ingredients.
Sauerkraut: benefits and harm to the body
The vegetable is enriched with a large number of different vitamins that enhance immunity.
Useful properties for the human body:
- normalizes the digestive tract;
- treats constipation;
- boosts immunity;
- saturates the body with essential vitamins;
- lowers cholesterol;
- contributes to weight loss;
- helps with dehydration;
- removes toxins and toxins;
- reduces the manifestations of toxicosis in pregnant women;
- prevents the development of cancer, atherosclerosis.
- increased acidity;
- gastrointestinal tract diseases;
- aggravated gastritis;
- kidney disease
- lactation period.
Due to its low calorie content, the product is often included in the menu of many weight loss diets.
Important! With prolonged heartburn, the use of marinade should be stopped.
What is useful sauerkraut for women
Marinade is very useful for the female body:
- Lowers cholesterol, helps in the fight against excess weight.
- Slows down the aging process of the skin.
- Enhances cell regeneration.
- Improves hair condition.
- Helps pregnant women to overcome toxicosis in the first and second trimesters.
The product must be included in the daily diet.
What is good for sauerkraut for men?
The effect of sauerkraut on the male body:
- Restores male power.
- Increases immunity: the product contains a large amount of vitamin C.
- The brine acts as an aphrodisiac.
Men who don't like coleslaw should drink a few tablespoons of brine per week.
The famous Russian first course is cabbage soup.
- chicken fillet - 300 g;
- potatoes - 2 pcs.;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- sauerkraut - 250 g;
- vegetable oil - 20 g;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- bay leaf, salt, pepper - to taste.
- Boil the broth;
- Add the potatoes, diced into small cubes.
- From the onions and carrots, cook the frying, pour into the broth.
- Cook until tender.
- In a separate pan, boil the cabbage for 20-30 minutes, previously chopped.
- Transfer to ready-made vegetables.
- Add seasoning.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, add greens.
The dish is ready, you can add sour cream if desired.
It is easy to make salads and appetizers from sauerkraut, adding additional ingredients to taste: onions, celery, bell pepper, leaf mint, pickled cucumbers, radishes.
Cooked pickled dishes with the addition of various types of meat, potatoes and seasonings will decorate any table.
Sauerkraut juice: benefits and harms
Cabbage brine helps not only with a hangover syndrome, as is commonly believed.
It has a number of useful properties:
- helps with angina: it is worth gargling with a warm liquid;
- lowers temperature;
- gastritis reduces acidity;
- removes nausea;
- used as lotions;
- removes parasites;
- helps speed up the healing process of the mucous membranes.
Do not use the product in the following diseases and conditions:
- acute ulcer, gastritis;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- frequent changes in blood pressure.
A salty dish should not be eaten in large quantities.
The benefits that sauerkraut brings are undeniable. In autumn, it is worth taking care of the blanks, because a home product is always tastier and healthier than purchased salting.