Why do you need fasting days?
Periodic holding of fasting days and a complete rejection of food for 24 hours is one of the easiest ways to normalize metabolism, reduce dependence on sweets and develop the ability to feel real hunger, and not just follow your appetite.
The scientific rationale for the benefits of fasting days is based on the theory of interval fasting (English: Intermittent Fasting) - one of the most popular methods of reducing fat mass and gaining lean muscle. The effectiveness of the method is based on the normalization of hormone levels.
4 plus days
1. Normalization of metabolism . Regular holding of fasting days optimizes insulin secretion and makes the body less sensitive to foods containing carbohydrates with a high glycemic index - this will help maintain normal body weight.
2. Optimization of fat burning . The functioning of the body in the absence of food and low blood sugar will positively affect the mechanism of using fat reserves for energy. The constant use of the wrong food significantly worsens this mechanism.
3. Rest for the stomach . If you have problems with digestion, various heartburn and bloating, then the lack of food for 24 hours will rest the stomach and allow you to restore normal function. In addition, the body will more effectively deal with toxins.
4. The development of the ability to control hunger . It is important to be able to distinguish a real feeling of hunger from a desire to eat something from boredom. Learning how to control your appetite, you will eat up faster and be able to refuse sweets and snacks - the main enemies of a flat stomach.
Is fasting dangerous?
In most cases, the body slows down the metabolism by about 2-3 days after the start of fasting - a fasting day and refusal of food for 24 hours should not have a negative effect on the metabolism of a healthy person, or on existing muscle mass.
However, it is important to remember that contraindications to fasting fasting are diseases such as diabetes, stomach ulcers, heart disease. If you are in doubt as to whether the fasting days method is suitable for you, consult your doctor.
4 rules for fasting days
1. Start fasting in the evening, not in the morning. Starting an unloading day in the morning, you will encounter a strong feeling of hunger at night - sleeping on an empty stomach will be restless and disturbing, you will literally dream of juicy steak, fried potatoes and custard cakes.
2. Drink more warm liquids . During a fasting day, it is important to drink as much warm water and various herbal teas as possible (especially diuretics). Black tea, coffee and carbonated drinks are recommended to be excluded, as they irritate the stomach.
3. Get rid of hunger with BCAA . Taking 5-7 grams of BCAA amino acids every 4-5 hours will significantly reduce the feeling of hunger, normalizing the brain and eliminating the feeling of blurred consciousness caused by a decrease in blood sugar.
4. End the fasting day correctly . Do not pounce on food after 24 hours of fasting - your first meal in the evening of the second day should be a vegetable salad with olive oil, fresh green vegetables and a small portion of buckwheat or lentils.
Unloading day on apples
Despite the fact that there are recommendations for fasting days on cucumbers, apples or buckwheat, a complete rejection of food will be much more effective. Eating even small portions of food significantly complicates fasting, driving up appetite and constantly reminding you of hunger.
In addition, it is important to distinguish between real physical hunger and feelings when you want to "eat something." Such a psychological hunger is caused solely by the fact that after getting used to eating several times a day, it seems to you that you must feel hunger in the absence of food.
The monthly holding of fasting days and refusal of food for 24 hours is useful not only for weight loss and normalization of body weight, but for reducing cravings for sweets, strengthening appetite control and developing the ability to feel a real feeling of hunger.