Diet for men
Diet for men plays a much more important role for weight loss than exercise. Due to differences in metabolism, girls are much quicker to lose weight through training and exercise, while it is easier for men to remove their belly and burn excess fat while following a proper diet. However, unfortunately, most popular diets are not oriented at all to men, but mainly to women.
It is important to remember that if an ordinary man who wants to lose weight tries to follow a "cucumber-kefir" or any other low-calorie diet that restricts calories and saturated fats, this will have a very negative effect on lowering testosterone levels . The result will be not so much getting rid of the abdomen as losing muscle mass and lowering libido.
Losing weight for men requires a special strategy. First of all, nutrition should not be sharply limited in calories - in the end, the composition of the diet and the direct selection of products included in the daily menu are more important. In addition, men should pay special attention to the glycemic index of the food they eat.
How to get rid of a man’s abdomen?
Male fat on the stomach and on the sides is a reserve of reserve energy. Moreover, the body will begin to expend these reserves only when the calories from food are not enough to provide for daily needs . Accordingly, losing weight for men implies two options - either start spending calories through exercise, or reduce calorie intake.
At the same time, most men who want to get rid of their abdomen and lose weight overestimate the amount of energy needed to perform cardio and other physical exercises, while at the same time underestimating the amount of energy received from food. For example, to burn the calories of a pack of chips, you need to run 11 km - agree, it is easier to initially abandon these chips.
The best diet for men
The right diet for men is not just the rejection of the “three foods from which the stomach grows” and the transition to low-fat cottage cheese for 14 days, but a complete revision of eating habits for life. Men's diet for weight loss is a moderate decrease in calorie intake, rejection of fast food and “liquid calories”, as well as maximizing the amount of fiber .
In this case, playing sports is only optional - theoretically, you can lose weight solely with the help of a diet and do not exhaust yourself with hourly runs. The main thing is to tune in to the fact that progress will manifest itself gradually. In other words, you will lose weight in 2-3 months, and not in 10 days. But once again we recall that sharp weight loss is extremely harmful to men.
Weight loss for men: the main rules
Successful weight loss is the gradual transformation of a daily diet into a fat burning diet. Starting to count calories and BZHU (proteins, fats and carbohydrates) from the first day, by the second week you will get confused and just quit this difficult task. In the first month of dieting, it is important, first of all, to learn to hear the signals of your body about eating.
- Breakfast and lunch are the main meals . The main reason for gaining excess weight and increasing fat on the abdomen in men is the habit of not having breakfast at first, then being content with a snack at lunch, and at the end of the day, having a tight dinner before bedtime. Accustom yourself to wake up early and have a full breakfast , no matter how difficult it may seem in the early days.
- Limit carbohydrates for dinner . If your typical dinner for several years consists of fried potatoes, bread and sweet tea with cookies - do not be surprised if you gained weight. The right dinner for male weight loss will be a serving of rich Omega-3 salmon or lean meat with a side dish of salad or green vegetables seasoned with olive oil.
- Give up sweets . It is sugar and sweet pastries that are the main reasons that break the correct metabolism and make the body constantly feel hungry and ask for a calorie supplement. The good news is that it’s much easier for men than women to completely give up sweets in their diet.
- Learn to feel full. The buffet and the all-inclusive principle of nutrition is the first enemy of a taut belly and embossed figure. Get used to the standard serving size, do not ask for supplements and leave the table with a slight feeling of hunger - remember that satiety from food comes only after 20 minutes.
- Do strength training . Losing weight is not as difficult as it seems. However, it is difficult to put the body in order and return the muscles lost due to a sedentary lifestyle. Want to feel like in 25 years? Strength training can not only build muscle, but also dramatically increase the level of male hormones.
Men's diet: an example of a menu
The men's diet for weight loss is based on the fact that in the morning fast carbohydrates should be present in the diet to increase working capacity, the main meal (the largest amount of carbohydrates) is for lunch, and for dinner you should eat enough vegetables (sources of fiber), lean meat and healthy vegetable fats.
- A cup of oatmeal (30-50 g) in milk with a banana and a handful of nuts (walnuts or pinecones).
- A large portion of buckwheat porridge with chicken breast and dressing with tomatoes and olive oil. Use approximately 100-120 g of buckwheat , 100 g of chicken and 10-15 g of olive oil (added at the end).
Second lunch :
- Vegetable stew with beef and dressing with olive oil. Use 200-300 g of various vegetables (zucchini, bell peppers, corn), 100 g of pumpkin or potatoes (it is better to use sweet potato - sweet potato) and 100-150 g of beef.
What products should be discarded?
Men's diet for weight loss implies the maximum rejection of fast carbohydrates (including sugar, pastries, sweets) and from foods containing a large amount of saturated fat (chips, sausage, mayonnaise, fatty meat). In fact, any fast food is prohibited - starting with pizza, dumplings and pasties, ending with hamburgers.
At the same time, an honest answer to the question of whether it is possible for men on a diet to drink alcohol is better not to drink. The problem with alcohol is not at all its high calorie content, but that the feeling of intoxication increases the appetite and reduces the criticality in choosing food products. However, if you are confident that you will be able to control yourself - moderate drinking is permissible.
The men's diet for weight loss is, first of all, the ability to limit oneself in food and not overeat. First of all, it is important to learn how to identify “harmful” products for the abdomen that contain empty calories and lead to weight gain. At the same time, the result of following the correct diet most often exceeds the result of performing fat burning exercises.