The success of building a beautiful, strong, healthy body is the right balance between competent physical training and a balanced diet.
Beginner athletes make a big mistake, betting on weight gain only on protein foods. Of course, protein is the main building block of muscles, but carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and fats are also needed for the proper formation of a beautiful body.
The second common mistake is the uncontrolled use of the most high-calorie foods for gaining muscle mass. Fruits and vegetables with low calorie content are important for the proper functioning of the body - you should not completely abandon them. But first things first.
Basic principles of a healthy diet for gaining muscle mass
These recommendations were developed by experts in the field of sports nutrition, their effectiveness is confirmed by the numerous experience of leading athletes and ordinary people working on their body and health:
- Food should be taken 5-6 times a day after 3-4 hours. This is necessary for the uniform intake of nutrients (substances vital for the nutrition of the cells of a living organism and contained in food) into the body. With 3 meals a day, nutrients come in excess - there is a risk that the body will convert part of them into fat.
- Drink a lot. When gaining muscle mass, many processes are activated in the body, which require at least 2.5–3 liters of water per day.
- The amount of high-calorie foods for proper weight gain should be no more than 70% of the total mass of foods consumed per day. Non-nutritious foods such as most fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, which is important for proper digestion, absorption of nutrients and the overall health of the body. The total daily calorie intake during weight gain varies from 3,000 to 4,000.
When creating a diet, maintain the following balance between proteins, carbohydrates and fats:
- Carbohydrates 50-60% of the total daily diet;
- Proteins 30 - 35%;
- Fats 10-15%.
Most of the daily diet (70–75%) should be eaten before 17-00.
About 2 hours before training, you need to eat a portion of the product, rich in protein and slow carbohydrates. Protein is needed for muscle nutrition, and carbohydrates will give energy to the body and brain. After training, it is appropriate to use special sports cocktails containing protein, vitamins and minerals. Entrust the choice of the drink and its dosage to a professional - it will help you calculate everything correctly. With the help of sports nutrition, you can resolve a situation where there is no way to eat properly before training. Within 3-4 hours after training, it is important to consume a portion of fast carbohydrates to restore strength after it and replenish muscle glycogen stores. However, you should give preference to healthy foods with a high glycemic index, and not "lean" on buns, snacks and sweets.
Do not exceed the recommended threshold for fat intake, most of them must be of vegetable origin. From animal fats, exclude the consumption of smoked meats, lard, sausages, margarine.
Use gentle heat treatment of products (steaming, cooking, stewing). Vegetables, fruits, greens - eat raw.
Control the amount of weight gain - it should be about 600-800 g per week. Exceeding the upper threshold should be avoided, otherwise the body will begin to store a lot of fat.
Muscle Gain Products
|What are they for?||Consumption rate for an athlete||Balance||Products|
|Squirrels||The main building material of the body||Approximately 1 g per 1 kg of weight||Animals and Vegetables||Low-fat meat, seafood, dairy products, eggs, legumes, nuts, millet, buckwheat, barley|
|Carbohydrates||Provide energy to the body, replenish muscle glycogen||500-600 g (approximately 5 g per 1 kg of weight)||65% difficult||Vegetables, fruits, cereals, legumes|
|no more than 35% of “healthy” fast carbohydrates||Sweet fruits, dates, raisins, potatoes, pumpkin, rice, granola|
|Fats||A source of essential acids for building proteins||Not more than 1 g per 1 kg of weight||At least 80% vegetable fats||Nuts, seeds and seeds, as well as oils from them|
|No more than 20% animals||Dairy fats, oily sea fish, butter|
Best Muscle Gain Products
Any product contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, a number of vitamins and minerals, so there are a number of products, the regular use of which will saturate the body with many benefits. List of the most important products for those who want to gain muscle mass:
- Low-fat meat (beef, chicken, turkey).
- Seafood and fish. It is enough to eat fatty fish 2 times a week or to fill the lack of healthy fats with fish oil.
- Low-fat dairy products (milk, yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese). In small quantities, use cheeses and butter.
- Eggs about 6-8 pieces per day. Some nutritionists recommend eating only 2-3 eggs along with the yolks, and from the rest, use only protein to avoid cholesterol problems. However, there is no scientific evidence for such a recommendation.
- Cereals - cereals, pasta, rye bread as a source of slow carbohydrates.
- Legumes are rich in protein and at the same time are a source of complex carbohydrates.
- Vegetables are a source of carbohydrates, fiber, and vitamins. Just do not overdo it with starchy representatives - beets, potatoes, carrots.
- Mushrooms are rich in proteins, fiber and fats, which are almost completely absorbed by the body.
- Greens are a source of micro and macro elements.
- Fruits controlled by glycemic index. Sweet fruits and berries - bananas, persimmons, pineapples, watermelons - are better to eat after training.
- Nuts as a source of protein and healthy fats.
- Dried fruits are an excellent source of vitamins and complex carbohydrates. Ideal for a bite to eat.
Nutrition for gaining muscle mass - menu
5 day ration
An approximate menu for a week for a set of muscle mass:
|Monday||Oatmeal + cocoa + a few slices of cheese||Boiled eggs + unsweetened fruit + compote from berries||Serving of stewed lean beef with beans + tea with honey or jam||Handful of dried fruit||Vegetable salad with herbs and oil + boiled turkey + tea or fruit drink||Yogurt or kefir|
|Tuesday||Scrambled eggs with bread + tea + apple or pear||Yogurt or kefir||Chicken with pasta + vegetable salad with herbs + compote or fruit drink||16-00 training, immediately after it a handful of dates||Fish with rice + green tea||A handful of nuts|
|Wednesday||Millet porridge + cocoa||1-2 fruits||Boiled beef + buckwheat + steamed green peas + tea||Cottage cheese with honey + tea||Vegetable salad + boiled turkey + tea|
|Thursday||Omelet with shrimp and tomatoes + bread + green tea||Tea and a few pieces of cheese (you can have a cheese sandwich)||Boiled chicken breast + potatoes stewed with mushrooms + buckwheat + tea||16-00 workout, immediately after it a piece of chocolate and 2 bananas||Cottage cheese with raisins||Yogurt or kefir|
|Friday||Buckwheat porridge + milk||Yogurt or kefir||Beef with pasta + vegetable salad with herbs and butter + compote or berry juice||2 unsweetened fruits||Steamed Chicken with Green Beans + Green Tea||Handful of dried fruit|
|Saturday||Omelet with vegetable salad + tea + cheese sandwich In 9-00 workout, immediately after it persimmon||Pumpkin porridge with meat||Cottage cheese with jam + tea||Portion of fish and potatoes + vegetable salad + tea||Yogurt or kefir|
|Sunday||Barley porridge + cocoa||1-2 fruits or a handful of dried fruits or nuts||Boiled beef with pasta + compote||Cottage cheese with unsweetened fruits + tea||Seafood with vegetables and herbs||Yogurt or kefir|
The proposed menu is recommendatory in nature and is subject to individual correction. Make your diet in accordance with the rules, taking into account the regime of your day. Proper nutrition is an important step to build a strong, beautiful body! And be sure to weigh yourself weekly to control weight gain and timely diet adjustments.
If you have questions, ask them in the comments. And in order not to miss new useful articles, sign up for free site updates. And now you need a weight training program . Good luck