Home workouts are not inferior in effectiveness to classes in the gym. To pump up the girl’s legs at home, it is not necessary to have exercise equipment, a stepper or use a barbell. Leg training at home can be performed using only the severity of your body. Some exercises may require the use of a chair. The main thing is to have good motivation, and also to know what kind of movements are best worked out by the gluteal, calf, inner and back thigh muscles, as well as quadriceps.
Why should a girl build her legs?
Well-developed legs are necessary not only for runners and athletes. Strong lower limbs make a person much more resilient in everyday life, and also give the figure an athletic fit. If you devote enough time to training your legs, after a short period of time, you can note how much easier it became to climb the stairs. Do not worry about your level of physical fitness. The exercises for pumping the lower body are not difficult and can be performed even by those who have not previously devoted much time to sports and training.
Most of the movements do not require the use of weights and weights, but give a good load thanks to their own body. If we talk about home training, there are many exercises that will not require the acquisition of any sports equipment or equipment. They allow you to increase endurance when walking, and, therefore, get tired much less and achieve more in life. Another advantage is the ability to prepare yourself for serious workloads both in the sports field and when performing ordinary everyday tasks.
Pumping up your legs at home is not only feasible, but also incredibly useful. Exercises that load the lower limbs bring the muscles involved in everyday life to good tone. Squats that mimic the movement when a person sits on a chair helps not only strengthen the muscles of the legs, but also improve posture. Lifting from a squat requires pushing back by heels, clamping of a bark. In other words, a person develops good habits that are applicable not only during the training, but also in everyday life.
Beautiful posture, proper sitting, lack of quick fatigue when walking - these are just some of the positive advantages of training on your feet. Simple exercises that do not require good physical preparation will be an excellent basis for moving to more complex training with the addition of weighting materials. Well-developed leg muscles are of paramount importance for many complex weight training exercises. Another advantage of movements without the use of sports additional equipment is that they allow you to hone the technique of execution to automatism, but at the same time pump up the lower limbs.
If lunges and squats have never been performed before, then immediately doing such exercises with weights is strongly discouraged. This will lead to difficulties with the development of technology, since most of the efforts will be aimed at holding weighting agents. The benefits of such training are few. Home basic training for leg pumping helps to hone literally every movement in a familiar environment, become the owner of strong and developed lower limbs, and prepare for more intensive exercises. The last point is a nice bonus for those who have seriously decided to make their figure more athletically developed and fit.
The best exercises for training legs at home
There are many effective and powerful movements, the execution technique of which is quite simple to master. They do not require serious physical training or the use of special sports equipment and simulators. This complex will help girls who do not want to rest on their laurels to become stronger and more resilient in order to move on to a new, more complex training involving burdens.
Squat with body weight
- Become straight. The legs are shoulder width apart. Transferring the weight of one’s own body to the heels, the socks are slightly parted to the sides.
- The body is slightly tilted forward. The pelvis is taken back and lowered into the squat position. The hips should be parallel to the floor when bending the knees.
- To return to their initial position, they are repelled by the heels from the floor surface and straighten the body.
- When lifting, make sure that the muscles of the core are tense and the buttocks are clamped.
Lunges back with knee lift
- They take their starting position, standing upright, when the legs are set approximately shoulder-width apart.
- Step back with your left or right foot, placing it on your toe. Both knees bend at right angles.
- They are repelled by the heel of a stable leg, that is, the one that is not taken back, and returned to the initial stance.
- Rising, the knee of the hind leg pulls the knee to the chest.
Repeat all movements on the second leg.
Squeegee Plie With Climbing Toes
- They occupy the starting position for the squat, but they spread their socks to the sides, and put their hands either on their hips or hold them at chest level (in front of themselves).
- Squat until the hips and floor are parallel to each other.
- Remain in a squat, tear off with both heels from the floor surface and stay in this position for a couple of seconds.
- Lower the heels.
- In a standing position, the legs are bred slightly wider than the hip.
- Leaning forward, the pelvis is pulled back a little, they are lowered in a squat, bending their knees until a parallel is formed between the hips and the floor.
- Jump up, legs straight. To make the highest possible jump, hands are lowered along the body. The back is kept straight, and the chest is slightly raised.
- They land on their knees and immediately do another squat.
High knee jogging with touches
- Take a chair or a box. Become the face of the selected item. Hands are held along the body or on the belt.
- Touch the bench (box) with the toe of the left foot, and then the right. The change should take place alternately and fairly quickly.
- Make sure that the chest is raised, and the back remains straight.
- Get up straight. The feet are placed across the width of the hips.
- They walk widely to the right side, bending the knee and pulling the pelvis back. Keep your left leg straight.
- Making a lateral lunging, they make sure that the muscles of the cortex are clamped and the chest remains raised.
Repeat on the left foot.
One-leg sock lifts
- In the initial position, the feet are placed directly on the width of the hips.
- Raise your knee to your hip level. Hands are held either behind the head or on the belt. You need to choose the option that allows you to better maintain balance.
- Socks look forward. The bark muscles are tense. The heel of a standing leg is torn off the floor, balancing only on the toe. Try to rise as high as possible.
- Remain in the adopted position for three seconds and lower the raised heel to the floor.
Repeat the same procedure on the other side.
- Standing, place your feet at hips.
- Step back with the right foot so that it is behind the left foot, that is, diagonally, bending the knees and falling into a lunge.
- They are repelled by the heel of the right foot and pulled up. Return to the starting position.
Repeat similar movements, but on the left foot.
- Get up straight. The feet are brought together.
- They tear off the left leg for a couple of centimeters and stretch it forward, and the sock is pulled over.
- Bend the right knee, lean forward with the body and crouch, while raising the left leg to the level of the hips. Hands are pulled forward to maintain balance.
- A complicated variation of the exercise involves bending the knee to a right angle. It is not always possible to do this the first time.
- They are repelled by the right heel, unbend the leg and return to the starting position.
Repeat the exercise on the other leg.
Leg raises lying on your side
Lie on your side. Straight legs are laid one on top of the other. The body rests on the forearm or is completely lowered. Exercise is best done on the mat.
- The upper leg is slowly lifted up.
- The movement should be carried out by the effort of the gluteal and femoral muscles, and not due to the lower back.
- Return to the starting position.
The movement is repeated on the other leg.
Leg raises on the inner thigh
- Lie on your side. Legs are laid one on top of the other. The body is either on the floor or rests on the forearm.
- The leg lying on top is bent at the knee and placed crosswise in front of the lower leg. The foot with the legs forward should be at the level of the lower knee.
- Raise the lower leg. Constantly monitor the immobility of the body during the entire exercise.
- Lower the leg.
Repeat the same procedure, but to the other side.
Gluteal bridge with emphasis on one leg
- Lie on your back. The legs are bent at the knee. Feet on the floor.
- The right leg, straightening, lift up. The hips are parallel to each other. A sock reaches for the ceiling.
- They are repelled from the floor by the heel, raising the hips with contraction of the buttocks. It is necessary to ensure that the shoulders and knee form an even diagonal.
- Keep the accepted position for one to two seconds and fall.
Repeat the movement to the second leg.
Inverted leg leads to the inner thigh
- They lie on their backs, bend their knees, feet pressed to the floor. The right leg is lifted up, connecting the hips together, and straightened, shading to the ceiling.
- Lower right side to the right across the side. You must try to lower it as low as possible. The hips should remain motionless, and the lower back should be pressed to the floor.
- The leg is returned to its original position.
Repeat the same procedure for the other leg.
A set of home exercises for the muscles of the legs
The program presented above is not the only one. To diversify home workouts allows another complex consisting of ten exercises.
Instructions for the implementation of the complex
Start your workout with a warm-up. This is true for those involved in the gym, and for girls who prefer home workouts. Before each lesson, muscles and joints are warmed up well, which positively affects the lesson and protects against injuries.
After the warm-up, they proceed to the exercises:
- “Running” with knees raised for 60 seconds . The knees should be tried to raise to the waist level, and then slowly lower to the toes.
- Cross lunges are done for 30 and 30 seconds . Weight is transferred to the right foot, take a wide step with the left foot back and put behind the right foot. The knee is bent so that the right thigh is parallel to the floor and returns to its original position. Toes should look in the same direction where the knees are directed.
- Side leg lifts do half a minute and another half a minute . Lie on your side, put your upper leg forward so that it is crisscrossed by the lower. The toes of the lower leg are pulled towards themselves, lower and raise the leg for 30 seconds, and then change sides.
- Jack squats do 45 seconds . The feet are divorced, the knees are bent, the pelvis is laid back. Heels push off the floor, jump and return to the starting position.
- Bear squats are also done in sets of 45 seconds . Get on all fours, legs straighten, raise the pelvis and return to their original position.
- Split squats (Bulgarian) . On each side do 30 seconds. Use either a bench or a step platform. The projectile is set behind. They put a foot on the bench, bend the knee and lower the pelvis to form a parallel between the floor and the left thigh. Return to their original position and repeat on the other leg.
- Skaters . Do 45 seconds. Lean forward, but do not bend in the back, moving the left foot back, and the left hand forward. Jump to the left, taking the right arm forward, moving the right foot back.
- Plie squat with toe lifts . Run for 45 seconds. The feet are spread as wide as possible. Socks look around. Hips parallel to the floor. Heels are torn off the floor, squeezing the calf muscles. They descend to the foot and rise again.
- Gluteal bridge with an emphasis on one leg . On each side do 30 seconds. Lie down. stretching arms along the body. Knees bend, feet pressed to the floor. One leg is lifted and the pelvis is lifted up as far as possible. Lower and change a leg.
- Squatting against the wall . Do for 45 seconds. The back is pressed against the wall. The knees are bent. The accepted position is kept exactly 45 seconds.
Important! Each exercise is done three times, pausing per minute between sets.