Mahi Giray was introduced by the Russian fitness trainer living in America, Pavel Tsatsulin. He calls this movement the second basic exercise after pushing one kettlebell over a full cycle. Any person can develop remarkable endurance, speed, strength and flexibility, performing only these two movements. Sounds like a marketing ploy? Yes, no one would have remembered about these swings, if a little later the Internet hadn’t circled around a photo of a woman who lost 60 kg, performing only them. In general, losing weight, wanting to pump up the buttocks and burn fat at the same time, and just lovers of saving time on cardio should take a closer look at the swings. Indeed, there is really no other such exercise in the entire fitness arsenal.
- The weight is on the floor between the legs;
- Socks of the feet anatomically conveniently deployed, knees aligned with the toes;
- The entire “construction” of the rack is determined by the attachment of the femur, and not by how deployed the feet of the models are in an ideal universe in pictures from textbooks. You need to stand as comfortable;
- The weight is located in the middle of the arch of the feet;
- To disengage from the platform, it is necessary to hold the handle with both hands, bend the knees so that the back remains straight, and the flexion occurs only in the knee and hip joints;
- Due to partial extension in the knee joint, the weight is removed from the platform, the back remains straight;
- Next, you should perform a swing to bend in the hip joints so that the shell goes behind the legs, back.
- Due to the sharp and simultaneous extension in the knee and hip joints, the projectile is pushed forward;
- Hands remain relaxed so that the shoulders do not reach the weight up;
- Knees straighten completely, hips too;
- Once the kettlebell has reached the waist level, you should begin to bend your knees and hips, returning to its original position;
- The exercise is repeated the desired number of repetitions, then the projectile is stopped with his hands, and lowered to the ground.
- Slouching back is the cause of injuries . The loin should be tightly bent and without humps, otherwise the risk of injury rises significantly;
- Mach weight is one of the few exercises performed by inertia, which means that it is not recommended to hold the projectile upside down, arms are excluded from movement as much as possible, the weight is simply hanging in them;
- It is required to exclude the squat with a vertical back and bent knees. The movement is more like a deadlift rather than a squat, so you should avoid any movements that look like a squat. An indicator of the fidelity of movement is that in the correct swing of the weight, the shell does not touch the floor with the bottom before the exercise is complete;
- This is a swing inertial movement. It is not necessary to forcefully stop the weight with your hands or body, and try to make points along the entire path of the trajectory;
- It is necessary to tighten the abdomen and strain the back so that the static tension holds the spine in about the same position;
- The movement is inertial, that is, based on the push by the hips, the kettle does not move because it is lifted with hands up, but because it pushes the body and hands with the hips;
- Movement can be gained by pulling a rubber shock absorber between the legs, so its jerkiness will be more clear if there is no way to work with a light weight. The shock absorber is attached to the vertical support, and stretches between the legs, is captured by the hands, then extension is performed in the knee and hip joints at the same time. This exercise helps to develop the mechanics of movement, when it will turn out, you can add weights, too;
- Lowering the weight should not be accompanied by rounding of the shoulders forward and relaxation of the back;
- Do not throw your head back; a neutral head position is the key to success in this exercise;
- With one hand . Technically performed in the same style as swings with two hands, additional work to stabilize the back and shoulder rests on the muscles of the core;
- Mahi "American . " Performed in full amplitude. Due to inertia, the athlete pushes the weight from the hips to the head, and as if throws it back. More include core and back, but not for beginners who do not know how to work with hips
- Mahi with a change of hands . One-handed swing and interception of the projectile by the handle in the air at waist level.
What muscles work
- The main drivers are the biceps and quadriceps of the hips, the entire mass of the buttocks, as well as the extensors of the spine
- Stabilizers - abs, latissimus, soleus, trapezius, forearm, palm, and deltoids
- Contribute to weight loss. One of the few simple metabolic exercises that is suitable for beginners as well as continuing ones helps to speed up metabolism. Suitable for interval hybrid workouts that combine the benefits of cardio and strength. They are performed almost always at a high pulse;
- They are performed in an inertial mode, and at the same time they train coordination and endurance, as well as strength. It is recommended to perform a swing with a weight, the weight of which is about a third of the body weight, in order to achieve the maximum effect;
- Strengthen the entire muscle corset and help develop grip strength for more difficult exercises;
- Perfectly work out the mechanics of deadlift;
- Suitable for people of all ages, men and women;
- They allow you to develop the cardiovascular system, suitable as a "transitional" exercise between strength work and endurance training
- Require good coordination;
- Forced to work on the technique;
- With a classic set of weights, it is difficult to progress in power weights, since the projectile weight step is too large - 8, 16.24 and 36 kg. Therefore, those who are not available for crossfit weights with a smaller step are recommended to turn on the rubber when the projectile has become too light
The movement is highly coordinated and multi-jointed, so the warm-up should be thorough and should include several blocks. Cardio warm-up before the swing is mandatory, as the movement loads the cardiovascular system. It is enough to walk or run until light sweating.
Machs should stand apart from exercises that load the lower back to the fullest. It is not recommended to combine them in one plane with movements such as heavy good humming, traction on straight legs with significant weight and hyperextension with weight. Can be combined in one plan. But then something should be easy.
- The first thing taught in kettlebell lifting classes is to relax your arms and trapeze. Although they work as stabilizers in this movement, one should not use them excessively, and even more so, raise a weight with your hands;
- The movement can be performed as an American swing, that is, behind the head, or Russian, but beginners should in any case begin with Russian in order to develop the correct mechanics of movement;
- Inhalation is performed on lowering, exhalation is in the process of the Mach itself. Exercise is performed due to breathing, including, it does not need to be delayed as in deadlift and other strength exercises;
- It is necessary to try to exclude the squat as in a squat, it leads to the fact that the weight with the bottom touches the floor;
- You should avoid holding the kettlebell at your fingertips, it is better to hold the grip with a full palm;
- When raising the projectile, you should support your hands as if springy, as straight as possible, but at the same time do not “insert” your elbows
- Squats like in a squat;
- Bent arms and elbows;
- Lifting weights due to deltas;
- Stooped back;
- Relaxed belly;
- Insufficient thigh work, attempt to push the projectile only due to extension in the knee joint
- Although breathing does not completely stop, but not partially letting out air from the lungs helps to keep the cortex stiff, which means in protecting the spine from injuries;
- Hands should not try to lift weight, but also should not bend and unbend at the elbows, it is best to keep them stably relaxed;
- You should not set the weight too far behind you at the start, with poor mobility there is a risk of tearing in a round back;
The exercise is included as the first if before namin is a beginner who is just learning the technique. It is believed that women should start to teach her with 8 kg, and men with 16, but this is not a strict rule, but just a recommendation.
At first, the exercise is not done in multi-repeat mode, starting with 5-6 sets of 10-12 repetitions. Then you can go into a more "aerobic" multi-repetitive mode, and move more.
Often, weight lifting exercises are performed not on repetitions, but on a timer, this allows you to concentrate on technique, and not on counting the number of max.
Injuries to the knees, as well as the lower back and hip joints, are a strict contraindication to performing weights of weights.
The movement is performed as functional, but it is contraindicated for those who make a large number of jerks and jerks of the kettlebell on the same training day. This exception allows you to not overload the lower back.
Do not do swings, especially in multi-repeat mode, if you are cold or tired.
An interesting fact: the movement allows you to burn as many as 15 kilocalories per minute, so it is almost more effective than running for weight loss.