What to do to get rid of cellulite in a natural way? Use creams? Massages? Medical procedures? Can try the magic?
I am often asked: how to get rid of cellulite in a safe and natural way?
No matter how funny it may sound, but once cellulite was an attractive symbol of wealth. Its presence meant that the woman eats well and physical labor is alien to her. Today, many women have cellulite to one degree or another, and this is regarded as a sign of a lazy or unhealthy lifestyle.
How to overcome cellulite
Millions of women spend tens of millions of dollars a year on various treatments for cellulite, in search of the best remedy. Is there anything you can actually do? Fortunately, there is.
Now that it’s summer in the yard, it's time to dive into this topic and help you learn to distinguish lies from truth, and also learn how to make your legs, hips and buttocks more sexy and smooth.
What is cellulite?
We all know what cellulite is - these are tuberous deposits of fat, most often they appear on the legs and buttocks, but sometimes they can be found on the hips, stomach and arms. Sometimes cellulite is pronounced, and sometimes it is soft and visible only if the skin is pinched.
What we see is actually swollen fat cells that put pressure on the fibers of the surrounding fibrous (connective) tissue , the skin stretches and pulls down, creating treacherous fossae that cause so many women to suffer.
Women are more prone to cellulite formation than men, mainly for three reasons:
- Hormonal changes that weaken the connective tissues surrounding fat cells and adversely affect the skin's support structures. This is considered the norm for women aged 25-35 years, when the level of estrogen decreases. A change in the hormonal background leads to the loss of blood vessel receptors in the hip region , the blood circulation and, accordingly, the nutrition of this region decrease, which in turn weakens collagen synthesis (the skin and connective tissues also weaken). Menstrual cycles play an equally important role , because before the start of the cycle, the female body produces an enzyme that destroys collagen.
- Fat accumulation in women occurs more intensively than in men, especially in “problem” areas. Studies have shown that in women , fat oxidation is worse than in men, which may be due to estrogen levels .
- Fat cells in women are arranged in vertical columns, which contributes to the formation of bulges; in men, fat cells are stacked in a dense, stable mesh structure.
With age, cellulite is getting worse and worse. Fibrous connective tissues (more precisely, septa) lose their elasticity, and the skin becomes weak and loose, and looks more like an orange peel.
How to check for cellulite
The percentage of women with cellulite is amazingly high - about 85-89% according to some studies. In medicine, cellulite is divided into four stages:
- Stage 0: No "ripples" in a standing or lying position; there is no "cellularity" if you hold a piece of skin between your fingers.
- Stage 1: There is no "ripple" in a standing or lying position; if you squeeze a patch of skin between the fingers, “cellularity” will appear.
- Stage 2: "Cellularity" (or "ripples") is visible in a standing position, in a lying position - is absent.
- Stage 3: "Cellularity" is manifested both in a standing position and lying.
How to conduct a test? Very simple.
Using your index finger and thumb, grip the skin on your hips, buttocks, or stomach.
If you have “cellularity” during clamping and you do not want cellulite to go to the next stages, then I recommend that you start using simple preventative measures.
Ineffective cellulite treatment
Before talking about what treatment works, I would like to save your money and nerves: do not use various “snake oils” and other scams.
The following cellulite treatment procedures do not work :
- Anti-cellulite shoes. These funny sneakers will make your gait ridiculous, forcing you to swing like a drunk from side to side. They certainly will not help get rid of cellulite.
- Anti-cellulite cream. This product may contain various substances that should inhibit the accumulation of fat in areas where there is more cellulite. It's a lie. It would be great if you could just rub the cream and suppress, thus, the accumulation of fat in the body! Typically, these creams cause only temporary edema, which really externally suppresses cellulite ... until the effect of edema subsides.
- Anticellulite massage. He must "break down fat cells." Yes, it can temporarily improve the appearance of problem areas, but will not provide a long-term result.
What procedures really work ?
Effective Cellulite Treatment
You can only externally reduce the manifestations of cellulite, because the main role is played by genetics . You may not be able to fully get rid of all the signs of cellulite, but these tips will help make cellulite less noticeable.
Read how to remove cellulite on the legs and what methods of dealing with orange peel are the most effective for use at home.
You need only three things:
- Provide healthy connective tissue (especially collagen) to the skin. The weaker and harder this tissue, the worse the skin and more noticeable cellulite. By improving the health and elasticity of these tissues, you reduce the visibility of cellulite.
- Lose weight. The more fat is in the affected area, the more cellulite is visible. Losing fat, you relieve pressure on the surrounding tissue, which naturally reduces the severity of cellulite.
- Boost blood and lymph circulation. Weak blood and lymph circulation can lead to inflammation and swelling of tissues, which directly aggravates the problem, and also prevents the repair of connective tissue and collagen, which play a vital role in determining the appearance of the skin. If the flow of blood and lymph decreases for a long period, then the collagen walls around the fat globules harden , worsening cellulite and making it more stable.
So, let's move on to what you can do to achieve your goal. Fortunately, you don’t have to spend money on lotions, supplements, fantastic devices or medical procedures.
Weight exercises are much more important than many of the women can imagine.
According to data presented by Dr. Murad (Dr.Murad), author of the book "The decision against cellulite» ( «The Cellulite Solution») , the more you increase the blood flow and lymph flow area of concern, the more you reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Well, I think that weightlifting is an incredibly effective way to stimulate blood flow and lymph flow. So this is one of the main reasons why you should squat !
Another advantage of weightlifting associated with cellulite is that as your muscles grow, each area of your body naturally tightens, giving your skin a smooth and excellent appearance.
Include omega-3 fatty acids in your diet
Unfortunately, the average American diet includes too much omega-6 fatty acids and too little omega-3 . This causes an increase in morbidity , especially diseases of the cardiovascular system, tumors, inflammations of various organs and systems, and autoimmune diseases.
Among the many benefits of omega-3, the main thing for us is that they stimulate collagen production and reduce inflammation , which can help in the fight against cellulite.
Fish oil - is one of several nutritional supplements that I strongly recommend to add to your daily diet.
Diets for burning fat and especially sustainable fat
Burning fat in the body can positively affect cellulite, but, unfortunately, it is not getting rid of cellulite, as some might think (as many thin girls with cellulite may testify to).
However, if you are overweight, bring your body to a normal, athletic look, and this will certainly help.
And even if you are not overweight, you can still retain a little steady fat , which is most often located in areas where cellulite is located. By burning this fat you can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
A couple more nutritional supplements
As you know, I am not an adherent of pills, but I would like to mention two nutritional supplements that I usually recommend taking during the fight against cellulite. Do not consider that they are more effective than weightlifting or diets, but they are cheap and can help.
The first supplement is herbal and is called Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica). Studies have shown that it increases collagen production and improves blood circulation, which has a positive effect on cellulite.
The second is horse chestnut , horse chestnut seed extract ( Aésculus hippocástanum ).
As a result of studies, it was found that the grass has antitumor and anti-inflammatory properties , and also increases blood circulation . These properties reduce excess fluid in problem areas, which in turn reduces the visibility of cellulite.
Important Things to Know
Before finishing, I would like to note that cellulite is, in general, a matter of time. It is not harmful to health and is not as noticeable to other people as you notice on yourself.
A thin, strong, healthy body is much more important and beautiful than just smooth skin.