When it comes to losing weight, everyone has their own problem area. In some, fat accumulates on the hips and sides, while others do not manage to lose weight in their hands. In any case, the only way out is to reduce body fat throughout the body. It is impossible to lose weight or pump up locally and remove the sides of the house or in the hall is possible only with an integrated approach.
To burn excess and tone your abs, you will need to change your eating habits, go in for sports and change your lifestyle in general if you want to permanently remove fat from the waist and sides.
How to remove fat from the sides at home as efficiently as possible?
To get rid of excess fat deposits at the waist, it is not enough just to perform exercises or include certain foods in the diet. A quick result is possible only with an integrated approach that includes 3 important elements:
- Firstly, you need to establish nutrition, cut back on carbohydrates and fats, creating a calorie deficit. It is also necessary to increase the amount of protein and fiber in the diet so as not to feel a hunger that will disrupt, normalize digestion and metabolism.
- Secondly, do physical exercises at home, on the street, in the gym, work out with a rolling pin, it doesn’t matter what it is, the main thing is to increase calorie consumption, which will further increase calorie deficiency and the body will begin to burn fat and spend it as an energy source , which will further accelerate weight loss.
- Thirdly, regularly take measurements of body volumes and weigh 1-2 times a week at the same time to understand how good progress is and make corrections to the training process, nutrition and diet.
Further, we will tell you in more detail how to remove the sides and burn fat at home using proper nutrition, exercise and compliance with the regime.
Part 1: Proper Nutrition for Weight Loss
1. Avoid extreme diets
Such nutrition can give instant results. But since you won’t last long on it, the lost kilograms will instantly return as soon as you decide to continue a normal lifestyle.
- In addition, many extreme diets urge you to consume intensely processed foods, which is detrimental to your health.
- Most experts on healthy lifestyles advise to abandon diets, and adjust their lifestyle. This is a simpler and longer term method.
2. Reduce calorie intake
Unfortunately, losing weight in one particular area is impossible. To say goodbye to ears at the waist, you will have to reduce the percentage of subcutaneous fat in the whole body by reducing the calorie content of the daily diet.
- Calculate your daily calorie intake with product labels and a food journal. There are also many free online calorie counters / calculators that allow you to keep track of calories and provide calorie tables of various foods.
- For quick weight loss, reduce the daily calorie intake by 500-700 Kcal. Eating in this mode and exercising regularly, you can lose 0.5-1 kg per week.
- Please note that diets designed for consumption of less than 1200 Kcal per day are not suitable for long-term use and are not recommended. Subsequently, such nutrition can cause nutrient deficiency.
3. Eat Balanced
The basis of your diet should be fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat sources of protein. A balanced diet that includes all of these product groups will ensure that the optimal amount of nutrients is delivered daily.
- Variety of food. For example, do not try to eat an apple every day. Alternate it with berries and oranges.
- A balanced diet also includes portion control. The right amount of food will also help lose weight.
4. Focus on low-fat protein foods, fruits and vegetables
This combination of products stimulates fat burning, especially in the abdomen.
- Many studies confirm that low-carb and high-protein diets eliminate fat deposits both in and around the internal organs. This principle of nutrition will really save you fat in the area of the ears at the waist.
- To consume a sufficient amount of protein, adhere to the serving sizes of main meals of 85-113 g, and snacks - of 28-56 g. So you can cover your daily nutrient requirements.
- The rest of your diet should consist of vegetables and fruits. Some nutritionists advise you to eat 5-9 times a day, others insist that half your menu should be vegetables and fruits.
5. Reduce carbohydrate intake
Eating mainly protein foods, fruits and vegetables, you need to minimize the daily amount of incoming carbohydrates. This will speed up fat burning, and allow you to say goodbye to your ears faster at the waist.
- Carbohydrates are found in a wide variety of foods, including dairy and cereal products, starchy vegetables, fruits and legumes.
- Do not rule out carbohydrates completely. The easiest way to maintain a low-carb diet is to minimize your intake of starchy vegetables and grains. Many of the nutrients they contain can also be found in other foods.
- Every day, eat no more than 1-2 servings of high-carb foods. Let the rest of the diet consist of lean sources of protein or vegetables.
6. Limit processed foods and fast food
Many processed foods or fast food are high in calories. Having abandoned them, you will lose weight faster and get rid of the hated ears at the waist.
- To avoid the consumption of junk food, you must first remove it from the house. If you buy healthy food, then you eat it.
- If possible, eat homemade food. In most restaurants, dishes are generously seasoned with sugar, butter and vegetable oils. In the process of self-preparation, replace the butter with olive oil or use a culinary spray.
- You can reduce the calorie content of dishes in a restaurant or cafe if you ask for a dressing or sauce separately. Protein foods should also be preferred over pizza or pasta.
7. Drink plenty of water
To maintain good health, an optimal water balance must be maintained. However, getting enough water every day also contributes to fat burning.
- When you try to get rid of excess fat and lose weight, an adequate drinking regimen will allow you to stay full and alert all day.
- Try to drink 8 glasses a day, but depending on your age, gender and level of activity, you may need all 13.
- To dull the hunger and activate fat burning, try to drink a glass of water before each meal or snack. So you quickly get enough, and eat less.
8. Watch out for snacks
Think about snack options in advance, preferring carrots, celery, apples and yogurt. More high-calorie snacks will become an obstacle to weight loss, and often lead to weight gain.
- In the process of losing weight, observe the calorie content of snacks in the range of 100-150 Kcal.
- Also, take snacks only when you are really hungry, or if the interval between meals is more than 4-6 hours.
- Most people eat up extra pounds not between main meals, but between them. Wean yourself by thoughtlessly pulling everything in your mouth by standing in front of a refrigerator or pantry.
- Replace night snacks with a cup of tea or chewing gum, and set the exact time, for example, 19:00 or 20:00, after which you stop eating.
Part 2: Home exercises to remove the sides
1. Bike Crunches
This universal exercise perfectly tones up the abdominal muscles, intensively working out the area of the sides, waist or oblique muscles of the abdomen. For this:
- Lie on your back with your hands clasped in the lock behind your head. Raise your legs 30-60 cm above the floor.
- Bend the left knee, and reach for it to the head, turning the body so that the right elbow touches the left knee.
- Now straighten your left leg, and repeat the same thing on the other side, connecting the right knee and the left elbow.
- Do 15-20 reps in one set, increasing the number of sets as your muscles strengthen.
2. Russian twisting
This exercise may be a little easier than traditional crunches, but it purposefully loads the ears on the hips and oblique muscles. Technique of execution:
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front and your back straight. Bend your knees slightly without lifting your feet off the floor.
- Slightly tilt the case back, slightly deviating from an angle of 90 degrees. Take a dumbbell weighing 2.3-4.5 kg, and turn the body to the left, lowering the dumbbell almost to the floor.
- Return to the starting position, and repeat the exercise on the right side. Do 20-25 reps.
3. Side bar
The plank loads well all the muscles of the cortex, but one of its modifications - the lateral plank - activates the oblique muscles. The sequence of the exercise:
- Stand in the position of the side plank, leaning on the right elbow, and put your left hand on the belt. Make sure that your body is stretched in a straight line, and maintain this position for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side, leaning on your left hand. You can perform the exercise several times in turn for each side.
4. Exercise on the muscles of the whole body
Yoga and Pilates help tone the whole body, giving you stretched, strong muscles. Such classes are ideal for those who are afraid to "pump".
- Go to a yoga studio, or sign up for group workouts for your full body muscles at your sports club if you have a membership card.
- Try yoga on online video or DVD. It may come out cheaper than attending a yoga studio or buying a subscription to a sports club.
5. Aerobic exercises
Performing cardio exercises regularly will not only improve your overall health, but also help burn calories and get rid of body fat.
- The selection of available exercises is huge. Try jogging, cross country walking, hiking, cycling, dancing and kickboxing.
- To maintain health and weight loss, give cardio training for 30 minutes. 5 times per week.
- If it’s hard for you to set aside a special time for training, try to be more active in everyday life. Walk more, do household chores, go shopping, etc.
Part 3: Controlling Progress and Maintaining Motivation
1. Volume measurements
For greater clarity, measure your volume. So you will understand how much fat has gone from your hips and abdomen.
- Using a tape measure, measure the girth of the narrowest part of the waist, its lower region (5 cm below the navel) and hips.
- Such measurements will help you track your progress. They give more information than the figure on the balance, because the muscles are heavier than fat.
- Do not forget to conduct initial measurements, so that there is nothing to compare.
Reducing the ears on the hips means losing excess fat, which in turn leads to weight loss. Regular weighings will also not allow you to get better.
- Weigh 1-2 times a week on an empty stomach. Remember that clothes and shoes also have their own weight, so weigh yourself without clothes or underwear.
- Check your weight systematically to track results. If you have gained weight or lost too much weight, regular weighing will help you take the necessary measures faster.
3. Food diary
Studies have shown that people who record everything eaten lose more kilograms than those who do not.
- The nutrition magazine disciplines, and helps keep a record of all the foods eaten so that you are more conscious about your menu.
- Get a paper magazine, or install the appropriate application on your smartphone.
- Mark all meals, snacks and drinks. If you gain weight or lose weight too much, this will help you understand which foods are causing it.
4. Training or diet partner
Joint weight loss can be your main source of inspiration. Scientists have found that support allows you to achieve great success in losing weight.
- Make workouts more enjoyable by working together. Keep each other motivated if any of you decide to give up.
- Ask for support from friends, family, or co-workers, or invite them to join your new diet and exercise program.
Questions and answers
What are the recommended snack foods?
Protein or granola bars are good (check calories), as well as fruits, hummus, dry cereal, pistachios, Jerky beef or Greek yogurt.
Is hummus good for you? Is it possible to replace sweet snacks with cottage cheese?
Hummus is not only useful, it is perfect! It is prepared from chickpeas, which has a very good effect on health. Combine it with whole grain crackers, carrots, cucumbers and other vegetables! Yes, cottage cheese is much healthier than any sweets.
I eat half a sandwich with peanut butter and jam 5 times a week. How can I replace it?
Whole grain crackers with hummus and fruit or a regular salad would be a good alternative.
These schemes included the best exercises that will help to effectively remove the sides and pump over the muscles of the abdomen, but do not forget that the results will only be subject to a diet.
- Exercise alone will not save you from annoying belly fat. Tonic exercises will help strengthen the muscles under the fat layer, but they will not break down the fat itself. Only a diet restriction allows you to lose weight.
- Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet or training program.