How can a woman lose weight and lose weight?
On the one hand, weight loss strategies for women and men are very similar - it is necessary to reduce calorie intake, while increasing the level of daily physical activity. However, at the hormonal level, there are several fundamental differences. For example, due to the high level of testosterone, male metabolism allows you to lose weight and lose weight much faster.
In the article “ How to Lose Weight for a Man, ” Fitseven talked about how to lose weight and get rid of a really big belly, it’s often enough just to normalize the diet. Unfortunately, such a strategy for getting rid of fat on the abdomen and on the hips is not suitable for girls. Regular dieting often makes the body immune to such methods, requiring advanced weight loss techniques.
The main difference between female metabolism is a higher level of leptin , a hormone that controls hunger and satiety. In trying to lose weight with a strict diet, women experience a much more enduring feeling of hunger. It is also important that mono-diets (buckwheat, rice, kefir) with a sharp reduction in calories can lead to leptin resistance, disrupting the natural mechanism of switching off hunger.
Proper weight loss for women
Studies suggest that the most effective diet for weight loss is one that limits the intake of carbohydrates - starting from a carbohydrate-free (or keto) diet, ending with a low-carb diet. Proper weight loss for women always begins, if not with a complete rejection of carbohydrates, then with the maximum restriction of fast carbohydrates with a high glycemic index.
In addition, to restore the body's sensitivity to insulin and leptin, it is necessary to regularly engage in aerobic and cardio training. At the same time, it is important to reduce the daily calorie intake by no more than 15-20% - an attempt to lose weight by 10 kg per month by switching to a “kefir diet” will only exacerbate the problem of excess weight, activating protection mechanisms from losing weight that are dangerous for the body.
The main rules for losing weight:
- Limit calories by 15-20%
- Increase daily physical activity
- Refuse carbohydrates with a high glycemic index
- Limit saturated (animal) fats
- Consume more fiber foods
- Tune in for a gradual result
How to quickly remove a woman’s belly?
Another difference of the female body is lower muscle mass than that of men. Muscles not only require calories, but also maintain the body in good shape. For this reason, when losing weight, it is important for girls to strengthen the abdominal muscles - not so much the rectus abdominis, but the transverse ones . They are located along the waist and literally tighten the body, providing support to internal organs.
One of the important exercises that help to remove the stomach is the elbow stand - the bar . Although this exercise does not require a significant amount of calories and is not able to burn fat, it strengthens the internal muscles of the abs, reducing the size of the waist. Another exercise to increase the tone of the abdominal muscles is a vacuum for the abdomen - a breathing exercise from yoga. You can perform it at home.
Fat burning strategy
The presence of a higher amount of fat in the female body is explained by the preparation of the body for a potential pregnancy. Given the strategic importance of fat, the girl’s body is extremely reluctant to spend such an important substance during physical training, preferring to work on glucose. The strategy of losing weight and increasing the involvement of fat in metabolism is based on training in the fat-burning zone of the pulse .
In simple words, training should be quite long - at least 40-50 minutes, and their rhythm - quite active. Brisk walking, torsion of an exercise bike at a fast pace, aerobics and other cardio are suitable. In addition, high-intensity training can be used - in particular, according to the Tabat technique . Their advantage is that they not only help to lose weight, but also strengthen muscles.
How to lose weight after 50?
One of the key changes that occur with the female body after menopause is a decrease in estrogen levels, which in a complex way affects metabolism. In particular, the body's sensitivity to insulin changes, reducing its ability to affect blood glucose levels and increasing the percentage of energy stored in fat. Research suggests that on average, women gain 5 to 7 kg of excess weight during menopause.
In addition, the level of the stress hormone cortisol increases, which affects the accumulation of fat in the abdomen. In order to lose weight for a woman after 50-55 years old, it is necessary not only to monitor the level of stress (for example, using yoga), but also to exercise regularly with extra weight - this develops muscles and improves the use of insulin, helping to lose weight.
Proper nutrition for weight loss
Once again, we note that strict mono-diets, implying a sharp reduction in caloric intake and the use of minimal servings of foods, damage the metabolism. Although such diets can be effective for losing weight in the short term, lost weight often returns. In order to lose weight permanently, you must adhere to proper nutrition constantly.
Since the female body is extremely sensitive to carbohydrates (quickly sending excess to fat depots), weight loss should always begin with the rejection of sweets and starchy foods . The second recommendation for proper nutrition is to control the quality and quantity of fats - animal fats are recommended to be limited, preferring vegetable oils.
The best diet for weight loss is to rethink your eating habits, abandon harmful foods and constantly switch to healthy ones. The menu for weight loss should be based on the food that you like. If you prefer soups and cereals - cook more light soups with vegetables and love buckwheat. If you like baking, replace it with a healthy oatmeal pancake .
Breakfast - food that provides a long-lasting feeling of fullness and energy for the first half of the day
- Products for weight loss : chicken eggs in various variations, low-fat cottage cheese or cheese, oatmeal. Be sure to eat 1-2 small fruits for breakfast. Nuts, chia seeds and avocados will also help for a long satisfying hunger. Coffee or tea without sugar.
- What to refuse : cookies, sweet yogurts, pastries, white bread with jam and butter, instant cereals with sugar. Whole grain bread toasts are acceptable, but in small quantities. Sausages are also in extremely limited quantities.
Lunch - the main meal by calorie intake
- Products for weight loss : all kinds of whole grains ( green buckwheat , quinoa , bulgur , spelled , lentils , brown rice ), vegetables in various variations, lean meat and fish. Try to cook with a small amount of vegetable oil, do not use sauces and dressings (mayonnaise, sweet and sour sauce, ketchup).
- What to refuse: mashed potatoes, pasta with cheese, deep-fried chicken.
Afternoon snack - when you want to eat, and before dinner is far
- Slimming products: a small portion of nuts and natural dried fruits, low-fat yogurt or cheese, unsweetened fruits. Sugar-free drinks.
- What to refuse: cookies, sweets, sweet tea or coffee. Chocolate is exceptionally dark and in small quantities.
Dinner - a minimum of carbohydrates and a maximum of protein
- Slimming products : lean meat, fish, dried mushrooms and other protein-rich foods . Develop the habit of eating a large portion of fresh vegetable salad with a little olive oil. Vegetable stews, vegetable soups and other vegetable dishes are also suitable.
- What to refuse : lasagna, pizza, pies with potatoes, potato casserole. Completely exclude any desserts and sweets for dinner.
A weight loss strategy for women is based on limiting the diet of carbohydrates with a high glycemic index and regular aerobic and cardio workouts (both at home and in the gym). Moreover, after 50 years, women need to start training with extra weight - to normalize levels of cortisol and insulin.
- 5 Critical Ways a Woman's Metabolism Differs From a Man's, source
- Menopausal Weight Gain: How To Get Your Body Back, source