Bending the legs in the simulator while sitting is an isolating exercise for the biceps of the thigh. It would seem that this muscle works in ordinary life when walking, in cardio fitness and in multi-joint exercises such as Romanian and deadlifts, but most people still need additional isolation. Performing isolating biceps hip exercises allows you to change its shape and appearance. This gives the very “cropped” look of the buttocks, which many achieve, doing fitness. In addition, hip biceps hypertrophy allows you to balance the side view in such a way that even a relatively large quadriceps does not seem to be pumped. For sports purposes, this exercise works well, as the hip biceps are involved in all traction and acceleration. Therefore, it is advisable to work it out not only if the athlete is engaged in bodybuilding.
- If the exercise is performed correctly, the main working muscle is the hip biceps, or both, if the movement is performed with both legs;
- Auxiliary - semi-tendon, as well as tailor muscles. These are the muscles of the inner thighs that help stabilize the leg during bending and engage the knee joint;
- The calf and flatfish can be included in the work if, for example, the emphasis on the cushion of the simulator requires static calf tension, but their work is not always noticeable
A simulator designed to complete this exercise. In old-school bodybuilding, there is a version with a dumbbell sandwiched between the feet. The athlete sits on the edge of a regular gymnastic bench, the dumbbell is sandwiched between the feet, he bends his knees and leads a shell to the bench.
- The simulator should be set along the length of the lower leg and the inclination of the back. The backrest is set so that the sedan is comfortable, with the back supported, but the athlete does not lean on the back of the simulator. The pillow on which the legs rest is along the length of the shin so that the knee bend falls on the lock of the simulator, and at the same time it is comfortable to sit. The back can be moved forward if the thigh length is not enough to occupy the starting position;
- Shins are fixed on a support, knees too. Then the athlete removes the simulator from the stops, and begins to bring the heels under the bench, that is, in the direction of the buttocks;
- During the cast, it is necessary to reduce the biceps of the thigh so that it works in the exercise;
- Extension is rather slow and controlled;
- The required number of repetitions is performed, then the athlete completes the exercise
Exercise is not done in repetitive mode usually. It is enough to complete 4 half-steps of 12-15 repetitions to feel the work of the target muscle.
The following points help to use the hip biceps more and remove inertial work:
- Always customize your treadmill . Exercise should be performed at full amplitude, this cannot be achieved if the lever is too long or short. Improper adjustment leads to the fact that it is not possible to bend the legs to a sufficient depth and strain the biceps of the thigh. Therefore, it is worth abandoning the approach when the simulator is simply used without adjustment;
- No need to chase the scales in this movement. It is worth activating the hip biceps with the help of static tension and controlled work instead. Try to fix at the point of peak voltage for several seconds, for example, 3. Do not hold the statics anymore, and do not need to activate the work due to beating and moving too fast;
- Get rid of inertia . Fidgeting around the bench, and help with arms and back only relieve tension from the biceps of the hips. Often in commercials with bodybuilding professionals, we see heaving with the whole body on the heels, or help with the body. But here it should be noted that professionals are larger than the “standard” physique, and often it’s just not convenient for them to work in machines. Do not use cheating if you want to really build your hips biceps;
- Get rid of attempts to “insert” your knees at the top point of the amplitude . This movement does not help in any way the activation of muscles, and should not be used if the goal is to work out the muscles as deep as possible;
- During the exercise, try not to twist your socks , and not to move the heels off the roller of the simulator, do not perform the exercise in a sloppy style if you do not want to get injured;
- At the start, some advise to open socks , it works if the legs are curved X-shaped, but for most people this is unnecessary;
- Try to avoid discomfort in the knee and ankle joint , choose a starting position so that the work is sufficiently amplitude, but at the same time comfortable;
- Exhalation on effort , that is, in the process of bending the leg in the knee, is a necessary condition for the effectiveness of work in this movement;
- Hip joints should not move . You should bend them so that it is comfortable to sit, and not “earn extra money” with your hips, as if pressing into the seat of the simulator;
- If a person has knees hurt , or if he feels discomfort in the ligaments during work, heavy weights should be avoided.
- To work out the muscles so that they get a symmetrical and full load, you can, if you use a simulator for alternately bending the legs. Some cars have such a design feature as the presence of separate drives for the right and left legs. They are preferred for alternating bends;
- If alternating bends are performed in a conventional simulator with a single drive, then you should learn to keep balance and not to move the pelvis along the path
Movement is contraindicated in injuries of the knees and ankles, in other cases it can be performed with caution.