The components that enter the body of a nursing woman penetrate into breast milk, so the diet of a nursing mother should be strictly observed. An unbalanced diet can harm both the baby and the mother.
Monthly Nursing Mom Diet: List of Allowed Products
The following products are shown to nursing women:
- Meat. It is recommended to give preference to low-fat varieties.
- Fish. Better white.
- Low-fat cottage cheese. Permissible fat content is 5%.
- Dairy products. Natural yogurt, kefir, yogurt, fermented baked milk, kefir with bifidobacteria are allowed for use. The total amount drunk per day should not exceed 800 ml.
- Cheese Unsalted or slightly salted cheese without additives and spices is indicated for use.
- Milk. Allowed up to 200 ml of milk per day.
- Fresh vegetables. Carrots, beets, cabbage, celery, onions are allowed in unlimited quantities. It is a source of healthy fibers that normalize stool and digestion.
- Berries Suitable as a snack or dessert.
- Fruits. Apples and pears can be eaten in unlimited quantities, exotic fruits such as bananas, pineapples, peaches, kiwi, oranges should be eaten with caution, in a limited amount.
- Natural juices. Both vegetable and fruit are indicated for use.
- Oils of vegetable and animal origin. Provide the body with fatty acids.
Nursing mom's diet for months
The recommendations below are what can and should not be consumed in the first months of feeding a baby.
First month: menu
The following is a list of prohibited and permitted foods:
|What can||What not|
- Lean meat.
- White fish.
- Natural yogurt without fillers, dyes.
- Quality pasta.
- Oils of vegetable and animal origin.
- Carrots, beets, zucchini.
- Porridge from any cereals.
- Cucumbers and tomatoes in limited quantities.
- Hard cheese.
- Dried fruits and nuts.
- Coarse bread without spices and additives.
- The eggs.
- Condensed milk in any form.
- Carbonated drinks with dyes.
From sweets you can use natural apple marshmallow, drying, bagels, bagels, unsalted crackers, marshmallows without chocolate icing.
Condensed milk in any form, carbonated drinks with dyes are strictly prohibited.
Attention! During the diet you need to keep a food diary. If the baby has an allergy, the product is excluded from the diet, subsequently administered with caution.
Second month of breastfeeding
In the second month of breastfeeding, new elements need to be added to the diet, the baby is growing, and more resources are needed for development.
|What is added||What is excluded|
- Vegetable soups (cabbage soup, borscht, beetroot soup) without meat. It is allowed to season with low-fat sour cream or tomato juice.
- Any nuts without salt and spices except peanuts.
- Jam, homemade jelly
- Cocoa and chocolate.
- Saturated meat broths.
- Fatty foods
Third to fourth month of GW
At the 3-4th month of breastfeeding, mom can follow a lax diet, introduce more new products:
- Liquid honey, in comb.
- Fresh, boiled, steamed cabbage.
- Soups with beans.
- Juices and fruit drinks of their own preparation (squeeze immediately before use).
- Tea with the addition of milk.
- Onions are allowed to add onions.
Attention! At this stage, the HS must adhere to the rule that you can not enter into the diet more than one new product per day.
Fifth to sixth month of GW
At this age, the child begins to independently try products, parents introduce complementary foods to the baby’s daily menu. Soon he will switch to self-catering.
Mothers are allowed to introduce more diverse foods:
- Any kind of fish, not just white
- Garlic and other natural seasonings and spices.
- Fruits of any variety and type.
- Any berries, fruit drinks and jam from them.
- Dark chocolate.
- Fried and baked dishes.
When the baby is six months old, the diet of the nursing mother is weakened so much that she can already eat the products that the family eats, not cook food separately.
Feeding a nursing mother after six months
The diet of a nursing mother after the baby is six months old is already quite diverse. You can start to introduce canned vegetables, beans, green peas, and corn. Potato dishes are allowed.
Even after six months you can not eat:
- Mayonnaise and sauces based on it, such as cheese.
- Canned meat and fish from the store. Allowed those canned foods that are cooked at home are allowed for use.
- Fast food.
- Semi-finished products from the store.
- Smoked meat, fish, sausages, smoked cheese.
- Butter baking.
- Ice cream.
- Grapes, grape juices, fruit drinks and raisins.
- Carbonated drinks with flavors and colors.
Attention! If a child independently tried a product, and he did not cause him an allergic reaction, then mom can use this product without fear.
Dairy-free diet for weight loss with HB
During pregnancy, fat is inevitably deposited on the waist and hips. Returning to the size that was in the prenatal period, a dairy-free diet for weight loss will help a woman.
But in the first months of the baby's life, one should not practice it, since the hormonal background of the mother has not yet returned to normal.
An approximate nutrition will look like this:
- Breakfast: oatmeal cooked in water with the addition of almonds or dried fruits. Berry juice or kissel (depending on the preferences of mom).
- Snack: dry unsweetened cookies.
- Lunch: soup with pasta and finely shabby carrots or celery. You can cook as a vegetable soup, or with the addition of lean meat such as chicken or rabbit. Sometimes meat can be replaced with pitted white fish. You can also eat a couple of small pieces of bread from wholemeal flour (preferably in the form of crackers). For the second, porridge (buckwheat, wheat, pearl barley) is poured over with vegetable oil. A piece of lean meat or fish is boiled for porridge. On the third you can drink berry jelly.
- Snack: fresh vegetables or berries. Sometimes you can bake vegetables or make a salad, and make berries mousse or jelly. Oatmeal cookies are allowed.
- Dinner: cereal porridge with vegetable oil, a piece of boiled fish of white varieties or lean meat . Freshly squeezed vegetable or fruit juice.
What you can not eat on a diet of nursing mothers for weight loss
If the mother wants to feed her baby with her own milk, but at the same time lose extra pounds during lactation and get in shape, then the following products should be taboo:
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Fat milk.
- Bread from dark flour of the Borodinsky type.
- Strong coffee and teas.
- A large number of sweets.
- Salty and spicy food.
In order for the child to grow up healthy, he will have to deny himself harmful products during breastfeeding. At the same time, you can eat tasty and varied.