One leg press is performed in the simulator. It is designed to work on the back of the thigh and buttocks. You can vary the setting of the foot on the platform, thereby emphasizing the load on a particular muscle group. Thus, you will be able to comprehensively work out the muscles of the buttocks and legs in one training session.
The bench press is ideal for training the back of the thigh, quadriceps (i.e., quadriceps), and the gluteus maximus. The advantage of this movement is that it is not contraindicated for problems with the lower back. The simulator for leg press allows you to completely remove the load from the lower back, redirecting it to the buttocks and, in fact, the legs.
Exercise does not belong to the category of the simplest and requires certain skills and sports training. Beginners are encouraged to begin to master it with minimal burden and a small number of repetitions. Women have enough weight of 15–20 kg, men need more weight - 25–35 kg. You should do 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions. However, if with such a burden you cannot perform the required number of repetitions, take less weight.
After mastering the technique of exercise, you can gradually increase the load by 5 kg at a time. The number of repetitions can also be brought up to 15.
In addition to a detailed study of the muscles, a single leg press can improve performance in many sports disciplines. The explosive power of the knee extensors is important not only in power sports, but also in all types of running, sports and skiing.
Description of the technique
Safety is the key to handling weights. For this reason, always exercise with insurance. If you are a beginner athlete, do not refuse the help of a trainer or training partner. Let them be nearby and help you if necessary. You should also pay attention to equipment. You need comfortable clothes and comfortable shoes with non-slip soles.
In order to perform one leg press, take the correct position in the simulator. To do this, adjust it in accordance with your height and physique, set the desired weight. Bend the back by about 45 degrees and take a position. Make sure your back and buttocks are firmly pressed against the seat. Rest one leg on the platform, and put the other on the floor. Now you can proceed to the exercise.
- Lift the platform slightly with your foot and remove the locking supports.
- Bend the working leg at the knee, thereby lowering the platform as far down as possible. Make sure that the knee goes to the chest, and not to the side.
- When you find yourself at the bottom of the amplitude, exhale and perform a bench press with one powerful effort. Do not extend your legs to the end. So you increase the pressure on your knees and can cause injury. Push the platform with your whole foot, with emphasis on the heels, this will also help protect your knees.
- Perform all repetitions with one foot. After that, change your legs, after fixing the weight on the simulator.
If you master the basic bench press technique, bring the exercise to perfection with the following tips:
- The load on the quadriceps will increase if you put your foot in the middle of the platform or slightly lower.
- If you want to shift the focus on the muscles of the buttocks, place your foot on the top of the platform.
- It is best to do a leg press at the end of the buttock and thigh training. This will be more effective, because the muscles are warmed up as much as possible, and therefore respond better to the load.
- Try to work to failure, that is, until loss of muscle control.
One leg press allows you to work out the muscles of the buttocks and thighs. By moving your leg along the platform, you can change the emphasis of the load, achieving a comprehensive study of all muscle groups. The first results will be noticeable after 1.5 months after the start of training. The relief of your legs will improve, and strength indicators will increase.
Along with the bench press, you can perform squats, lunges and other exercises for the legs and buttocks. To achieve the best results, systematize your food, ensure a good rest after each lesson and a good night's sleep.