Some statistics: Owen Harrison
Height: 5ft 10in - 178cm
Weight: 187 lbs - 85 kg
Some statistics: Lewis Harrison
Height: 5ft 10in - 178cm
Weight: 187 lbs - 85 kg
How did you start bodybuilding?
Owen: We were both born in a small town called Kendal, England. As boys, we always went in for sports, so I think we can say that we were born for this.
Lewis: We didn’t get along very well with each other when we were younger, we always fought like brothers, you know? Together we played for the same football teams here in the UK at a high professional level.
We played in different positions and always shouted at each other during the match if one of us was wrong or did something wrong. After graduating from school, I continued to play football professionally, although I felt that the hobby of my whole life was something else. When my contract with the club ended, I took up individual training.
Owen: I graduated from high school and entered the Royal Marines - one of the best military units in the world. At 17, I took the hardest military course in the world.
I left the infantry in 2012, after serving four years, and then became an individual instructor. We switched to fitness models three years ago, having our first joint photo shoot. Shortly after our first session, Muscle and Fitness contacted us to find out if we would like to star in their own unique brand. We have since been featured in national newspapers, celebrity magazines, fitness websites, and even more fitness magazines in the UK and around the globe.
Lewis: Creating a Harrison Twin brand was not easy, but we turned inside out to get to where we are today in this industry.
Looks like you two grew up into small rivals. Does this apply to the gym?
Owen: There is little competition at times, which, in our opinion, is good. It helps us push each other to achieve our goals. Introducing the twin brand, we both need to look very similar; such a brand. Therefore, we need the same training plan and the same diet throughout the year in order to maintain our shape and look similar to each other.
Lewis: The rivalry between us comes up when we train together. This attitude: “I will not allow my brother to defeat me,” comes from our youth.
I remember back in school, Owen always ran a 100-meter competition for our school; he was considered the fastest boy of our age at that time. I always avoided 100 meters and ran 400 meters for our school. In the last year I wanted to run a 100-meter. I'm sick of the 400 meter. I defeated Owen in the 100 meter 5 milliseconds, which infuriated him. As you can see, this little rivalry has been present in training since we were young teens, and currently in our weight training.
There is nothing wrong. It’s always good when someone stimulates you.
What do you like best as twins in the fitness industry?
Owen: I really like the uniqueness of our brand. I believe at the moment there is no one equal to us; it's hard to find tattooed twins with a fat fraction of 6-7%! We are definitely different, and we like it.
What makes you different from your twin?
Lewis: I prefer a more calm approach to life, but when it comes to our bodies, my breasts stick out more than his.
Owen: I think my press cubes are better than his, although he probably won't agree! I know that his chest is larger than mine; I will give him the primacy in this! We have enough mind to understand that we are the same, and not to take ourselves too seriously.
What does your training process look like?
We always train together and perform the same set of exercises.
Full range of training exercises:
- Bench Press 4 x 8-10
- 4 x 8-10 dumbbell bench press
- Bench press guillotine 4 x 8-10
- Hand reduction in a simulator sitting (Chest-machine - Superset) 4 x 8-10
- Mahi in the simulator 4 x 8-10
- Push-ups on the bars (Superset) 4 sets to failure
- Wide grip push-ups 4 sets to failure
- Deadlift 4 x 8-10
- Hyperextension - extension of the back under its own weight 4 x 8-10
- Wide grip pull-ups 4 sets to failure
- Dumbbell Rod 4 x 8-10
- Thrust of the upper block to the chest (Superset) 4 x 8-10
- Linkage on top 4 x 8-10
- Thrust down high block or with rope addition 4 x 8-10
- Vertical draft in an inclination forward, the exercise machine Smith 4 x 8-10
- T-bar rod 4 x 8-10
- Army Bench 4 x 10
- Breeding the dumbbells to the side while sitting (Superset) 6 x 10-12
- Lifting dumbbells in front of you sitting 6 x 10-12
- Breeding Dumbbells Sitting 4 x 10
- Arnold Bench 4 x 10
- Barbell Squats (Superset) 4 x 10
- Leg Press 4 x 10
- Leg Press 3 x 30
- Hack Squats 3 x 10
- Fixed squats on the simulator with a dead weight of 3 x 10
- Leg curl 4 x 10-12
- Deadlift on straight legs 4 x 10
- Flexion of the posterior thigh muscle 4 x 10
- Leg extension (Superset) 4 x 10
- Leg curl 4 x 10
- Calf Raises Standing 4 x 20
- Calf Raises Sitting 4 x 20
- Leg raises 4 sets to failure
- Lifting the casing on an inclined bench 4 sets to failure
- Twisting in the simulator on the press 4 sets to failure
- Press twisting 4 sets to failure
- Exercise "21" with a bar with an EZ-bar (Superset)
- Lifting Dumbbell Biceps - Arm Curl Sitting 4 x 10
- Extending your arms while lying down with dumbbells (Superset) 4 x 10
- French bench press with 4 x 10 EZ bar
- Bending with a barbell (straight neck) Superset 4 x 10
- Hammer Biceps Exercise 4 x 10
- Extension of arms on a block with a rope 4 x 10
- Push-ups on the bars 4 sets to failure
Do you guys follow different diets or supplements?
Owen: “No, we are all the same. We built our brand on our “appearance” and similarity, and according to this we act.
What is your diet?
We alternate between high and low carbohydrate foods to stay fit, and never gain weight or lose weight. We also sit together on the same diet that we ourselves have developed for ourselves. So far, she has shown very good results.
- 1 Dish: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 tablespoon of honey and 120 ml of water
after 1.5 hours - 2 tablespoons of whey protein and 120 ml of water
- 2 Dish: 2 tablespoons of whey, 1 banana and 150 ml of coconut milk
- 3 Dish: 200 g tuna and 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 4 Dish: Chicken breast - 155 g, 1 cup Kale kale, 1/2 cup mushrooms and 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- 5 Dish: Chicken breast - 255 g, 100 g sweet potatoes and 1/4 cup green beans, seasoned with 1 tablespoon of whey protein and 120 ml of water
- 6 Dish: 200 g tuna, 4 whole-grain rice muffins and 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
Having decided to eat, do you order the same thing with the twin?
Owen: Yes, in most cases we order the same food. Our brand is the same in appearance, so basically we also eat the same thing! If after the main course he orders a cupcake, then I order the same; this is usually what happens!
Trying to reduce the load, do you prefer to use HIIT training or just regular cardio training?
Owen: Fortunately, we have good genetics, and we rarely use cardio . We prefer HIIT training.
What supplements do you use?
Lewis: We use only the best supplements. You need to be especially consistent in this part of your regime in order to improve your physical fitness.
How do twins go on dates?
Owen: Actually, we never went on double dates, so we don’t have any shocking story about the girl flirting with Lewis, taking him for me. We have different tattoos, so they seem to know who is who.
How do you have fun or relax outside the fitness industry?
Lewis: I love watching movies and going to football matches. And we both enjoy parties or special occasions with our close friends.
Owen: “What you tune in is what you get”
Lewis: “One does not have to be great to begin, but one must begin to become great.”
Based on materials: simplyshredded.com
Owen and Lewis Harrison Workout - Video