It is possible to pump the pectoral muscle well both on the sports ground and in the gym. And in the latter it will be easier to do. On the sports ground, you work with your own weight, and not everyone can do it. In the fitness club, you can take light dumbbells and gradually increase strength to fully build muscle. Let's start with the basic exercises designed to pump the chest in the gym.
The main exercises for the pectoral muscles
This is an incomplete list, since you can take a rubber bandage, an expander or something else to pump the torso. In the fitness room, this is not necessary, because in order to build muscle at your disposal there will be enough exercise.
All of these exercises are suitable for both girls and men.
Bench press for breast development
To correctly pump the pectoral muscle with a barbell lying down, you need to do this in a special technique:
- At the beginning of the workout, do not forget to warm up and warm up properly. If you have a bench press in the program today, do it first. This is a very difficult base. And the base is always made at the beginning of the training. In the end - it makes no sense, since you will not have the strength to pump up your chest.
- We set the height of the neck stands correctly so that from the prone position it is just below your wrists. When you take it, your hands should be bent so that you can easily remove it from the racks. Typically, the angle of bending of the arms at the elbow is 15–25 degrees. It is not necessary to lower the racks too low, otherwise lifting the bar will be equivalent to repeating the exercise.
- We take the bar with a direct ring grip (4 fingers encircle the bar on one side, and a large one on the other). To put your hands on the correct width, focus on the risks on the bar. The index or middle finger should be on the inner edge of the outer risks. This corresponds to the position of the arms slightly wider than the shoulders. You need to focus on the length of your hands. If the reaping is uncomfortable, spread your arms even wider or narrower (you should choose the best option for yourself).
- When you are lying under the bar, it should be opposite your eyes. Lift it and move it so that it is between the neck and chest.
- Slowly lower the bar to the place where your collarbone begins (just below the Adam's apple). This trajectory allows you to load exactly the pectoral muscles, reducing the load on the triceps.
- Do 15–20 warm-up reps. At the same time, practice the technique. Then increase the weight, approaching the worker. Perform 8–10 reps in 3–4 sets.
Attention! Weight in this version of the bench press is less than in the classic bench press. Therefore, do not hang as many stings as before, when they lowered the barbell to the middle or bottom of the chest. Especially if you were doing a bench press.
To do everything right, pay attention to the following notes:
- Do not tear your pelvis off the bench.
- The legs are placed so that you lie steadily.
- It is necessary to slightly bend the lower back, leaving there a natural deflection. It is not necessary to bend more strongly, especially to make a bridge.
- The girl is better to start with fitness vultures. Since the weight of 20 kg for the first workouts will be too heavy.
Bench press with small weights is suitable for girls.
Angle bar presses
You need to move to an inclined bench. Set the angle of the bench 30 degrees, 45 degrees is best used for breeding hands with dumbbells. Although, if the racks are high enough, you can try to do this with a barbell. The correct technique is as follows:
- Lie under the bar so that it is at neck level. The legs are wide set for greater stability.
- Hold the bar with the same grip as with the bench press. Weights will be less than in the previous case.
- Remove the neck yourself or with a partner. Lower it to the top of the chest. Do 8-10 reps in 3-4 sets.
Correctly, if such a press comes after a bench press. Nevertheless, we recommend that you do a warm-up repeat with an empty bar (at least 10-15 times) to warm up the muscles.
You can give a load in Smith. It’s even more convenient because you don’t need a partner, and you only work on the chest, partially affecting the triceps and shoulders. For girls, again, the option with a lightweight bar for fitness is better.
Dumbbell bench press
The bench press can be performed at different angles to pump all the muscles of the chest. This exercise option follows the bench press. You can do it upside down to swing the bottom of the chest (30-45 degrees down so that the legs are above the head).
Dumbbell bench press is good for women who are afraid to pump their pectoral muscles hard.
In addition, the dumbbell press can be done at an angle of 60 degrees to swing the very top of the chest, which often lags behind with horizontal and low-inclined bench presses.
Reverse Grip Bench Press
A very dangerous option for the shoulder muscles is the bench press. This bench press can pump the upper chest, but we do not recommend doing it. It is better to replace with more gentle exercises.
Tight grip bench press
In this version of the press, your elbows extend 180 degrees to the sides. This movement allows you to swing the inside of the chest. It is carried out in 10-12 repetitions in 3-4 approaches with small weights.
Try to take the bar so that the bar does not hang out, otherwise you will not be able to pump something.
The nuances of training on the chest with a barbell
A little more about the bar:
- Do not combine the shock load on the shoulders with the bench presses. You overload the front and middle deltas. The brachial muscles for this are not very "well" located, therefore, most often they suffer, inflamed from friction.
- If you decide to train triceps that day, limit yourself to bench press and wiring. No need to do barbell presses at angles - your triceps will get tired. Therefore, we recommend to train the pectoral muscle separately from the triceps.
If you have energy over the edge, you can pump everything up according to the classical pattern. Most often people get tired.
For women - just right to pump up the pectoral muscle. Making wiring from different angles, you can pump everything well in the gym. Various exercise options help load the entire area of the pectoral muscles.
If a girl needs to develop strength, you need to press the bar - to make a base. If she wants the relief and elasticity of the muscles, the bench press can be excluded, leaving the breeding and bench press dumbbell.
Breeding dumbbells is performed lying, at angles of 30 and 45 degrees. Technics:
- Set the desired angle. Lie on the bench. The legs are placed so that you are stable on the bench.
- We take dumbbells from the floor. When we go to bed, they are pressed to the body. Then we lift them parallel to each other. Hands are turned with palms inward.
- We raise our arms slightly bent at the elbows to the stop, the elbows look down. We do 10-12 repetitions in 3-4 approaches.
At an angle, everything is done in the same way, the elbows always look down.
You can make 2 serious mistakes: bend your arms strongly at the elbow, and turn your elbows off the floor. In such cases, the effectiveness of the exercise is lost. If your arms bend by themselves, the dumbbell is too heavy.
If you, for example, use an inclined bench for a press, then you can imitate the reduction of hands in a crossover, only with dumbbells. But this is superfluous. If there is a block power frame, why not make a crossover in it?
We set the warm-up weight (without weight for women and 5-10 kg for men):
- We take up the pre-installed pens. The palms are looking forward.
- On slightly bent arms we bring the handles at the level of the abdomen. In this position, turn your elbows up. This will be the starting position.
- Throughout the exercise, the elbows look up.
- A look right in front of you. It is best to perform mixing in front of the mirror - you will clearly see all your mistakes and correct them in time.
Warm up - 10-15 times, then we weigh the working weight and do 10-12 repetitions in 3-4 approaches. The lower you bring your arms together, the more the lower chest will be loaded.
Classic chest-to-chest simulator
Today not in every room you will find such a useful simulator. It allows you to swing breast muscles in isolation without affecting any other muscles. The simulator is convenient in that it simply set the weight. If it is, let's work on it:
- Sit correctly so that the back is fully (along with the pelvis) pressed against the back. Fasten your legs, if possible.
- Put your hands in the stops. Start to reduce the elbows with the effort of the pectoral muscles.
- We reduce on exhalation, we part on inspiration. We do it smoothly and slowly.
- Perform 10-12 repetitions and 3-4 approaches.
It is not necessary to pump muscle exclusively here. Even for women, this exercise alone will not be enough.
Other simulators where the chest can work
There are different versions of the Hammer simulator. The upper chest and front deltas, triceps work in it. A very convenient simulator to properly pump the pectoral muscle.
If your shoulders are sore, we do not recommend hanging heavy weights.
It is very convenient to do exercises in it - just sit there, grab the hands with your hands, and press your pelvis and back against the back. Just raise and lower the weight. The simulator will not let you do the exercise incorrectly.
Push-ups on the bars and off the bench
If you know how to do push-ups on the bars correctly, you can do this with weights after a bench press. Push-ups on the bars for the pectoral muscles suggest a slight tilt of the body forward, the arms are slightly wider than the shoulders.
As a warm-up, you need to squeeze out without weight 5-10 times. It all depends on your physical condition. Then we hang pancakes on a special belt and do 6 reps in 3-4 approaches. It is advisable to work with such a weight that these 6 repetitions are given to you very hard. Then there will be progress.
Push-ups from a bench with a wide setting of arms (legs on the floor) are well suited for warming up in front of the bars. As a way to pump pectoral muscle in a fitness club, this method is best not to use - a waste of time.
Although for women whose muscles are not yet strong enough, this is a normal option for the first few months.
Pullover will help to properly stretch the chest and pectoral muscles. Do not take large weights, this is dangerous. We make a pullover lying with dumbbells, which we take away for the head on bent arms.
10–12 reps in 3 sets is the best option. This is a very good option for women and their muscles.
The main mistakes when pumping the chest in the hall
Some common mistakes:
- You pay attention to one part of the pectoral muscles and forget about the rest. The chest must be developed from all sides. The first month of training you need to do the classic bench press options, breeding. Then, when you strengthen your muscles, proceed to the crossover, pullover, bench press at different angles, etc.
- Immediately take large weights and get a stretch of the deltoid muscles. Warm up in each exercise with light weights.
- We move quickly and abruptly. The essence of all exercises is to make the muscles work. To do this, do everything smoothly and slowly. You must control every movement.
- Throw the barbell on the body during the press. Well, if you do not get a muscle break. It happens that this leads to breast osteochondrosis. It is difficult to treat it, so always make sure that the bar drops smoothly. So do it right.