Carbohydrates occupy a leading place in the structure of the human diet. They are divided into simple and complex or fast and slow.
Athletes, as well as people who care about their own health, prefer to eat slow carbohydrates from the list of products intended for a balanced diet.
What are slow carbohydrates?
Slow are called carbohydrates (carbohydrates), which are characterized by a low glycemic index (<70), ensure uniform glucose formation after eating.
It would be wrong to assume that the rate of conversion of the starting material to glucose depends on the size of the molecule. Fast and slow starches, as well as low molecular weight compounds that are converted to glucose over a long period of time, are known.
What are the benefits of slow carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates, which break down slowly, have the following advantages over rapidly digestible compounds:
- A person is quickly saturated. There is a feeling of satisfaction. In this case, there is no overeating and gaining excess weight.
- There is no sharp increase in glucose concentration. The body avoids a dangerous condition called hyperglycemia. The hormone insulin converts excess glucose into a reserve glycogen polysaccharide, and when the latter is overproduced, it becomes fat, which is deposited under the skin.
- During the decomposition of slow carbohydrates, heat is released, which allows you not to freeze.
- With the rational use of polysaccharides, the burning of spare fats occurs. A person can lose weight or increase muscle volume.
Knowledge of the rules for eating slow carbohydrates avoids obesity and related diseases
Slow Carbohydrates: Product List
The rate of breakdown of carbohydrates to simple sugars shows the glycemic coefficient or index (GI).
The list of products, characterized by a low rate of glucose detachment from the polysaccharide molecule, is shown in the table:
|Fruit juices, beans, corn porridge , green peas||40|
|Yogurt, carrots, dried apricots, germinated grain||40|
|Strawberries, whole milk||32|
|Bananas, chickpeas, apples, peaches||thirty|
|Cherry, peas, plum, pearl barley, lentils, dark chocolate||22|
|Eggplant, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, salad||ten|
How much slow carbohydrate is needed for a balanced diet?
The daily human need for carbohydrates is 350-400 g. Of this amount, up to 70% should come from slow carbohydrates.
The share of simple carbohydrates and fiber is about 30%. However, there are individual and gender differences. The need for men for difficult to break down carbohydrates is higher. For athletes with varying degrees of load, the need for polysaccharides ranges from 2 to 12 g / kg of weight.
Athletes should consume hard-breaking polysaccharides in the morning before training. To restore strength after physical overload, fast carbohydrates and protein foods are used.
Five Day Slow Carbohydrate Diet
Developed a five-day diet for weight loss of 4-5 kg with slow carbohydrates.
To achieve the result, the following conditions are met:
- limit the energy intake of 600 kcal / day;
- divide a daily portion into 5 receptions;
- do not have dinner after 19 hours;
- exclude sugar, salt, flour, seasonings;
- eat raw, boiled or baked foods;
- drinking (water!) is not limited.
There are several options for quick weight loss diets.
The table shows the following daily ration composition:
In addition to the above weight loss schemes, the following are popular:
- cottage cheese;
- Old English
- geisha diet;
- orange and egg;
A person does not have the right to choose a diet on his own. A calorie-deficient diet can harm your health if you have a chronic illness. Therefore, consultation with a nutritionist and therapist is necessary.
Nutritionists recommend forming a diet based on normal calculations and comparisons with the actual content of slow carbohydrates in foods .
If the dishes are half filled with vegetable salad, on ¼ porridge and the same amount of protein food, a slim figure and excellent health will be ensured. Each serving should be flavored with a spoonful of vegetable oil. And alcohol and sweets will have to be abandoned.