Bulgarian split-squats or lunges - this is one of the variations of the gray horse in the band. The meaning of the exercise is to develop both halves of the body harmoniously. In many people, one leg or gluteus muscle lags behind in pumping due to curvature of the spine and imbalances in development. Therefore, they have to do many “one-legged” exercises to fix this. Bulgarian split squat is also recommended for those who do workouts with an emphasis on the buttocks. Working in Smith's simulator allows you to be more stable during the exercise, and to avoid injuries associated with distortions while working with free weights.
- Position the support for the “back” leg behind the body, place it steadily. You can use the step platform or box for the squat;
- Position the support so that the axis of the spine is approximately in the middle of the Smith bar;
- Stand with both legs under the Smith trainer bar, place it on your back as with a regular squat;
- Step back, place your foot on a support;
- Bend the supporting leg at the knee ;;
- Remove Smith's simulator bar from support by turning the bar with your hands.
- Dip into a split squat as you exhale;
- For this, bend the legs in the knee and hip joints;
- In the knee, only the working leg is bent;
- The supporting leg remains on the stand, and the angle in the knee joint does not change;
- The back is held upright or in a slight neutral tilt;
- You should get up in one motion, pressing the heel and foot on the floor.
- The knee of the working leg falls too inward or outward. In the second case, the adducting muscles of the thigh are included;
- The working leg is too close to the axis of the spine;
- The gray hair is too aggressive, it turns out knockback of the supporting leg;
- The spine is bent;
- The athlete folds in the hip joint and lowers the stomach to the hips;
- Blockage of the toe of the working leg inward;
- Maximum amplitude and muscle strain are usually recommended. That is, the highest position of the supporting leg. But this is a suitable strategy for those people who are doing well with a stretch. For beginners, a different strategy will work, take the support lower and work on stretching gradually;
- Beginners can perform ordinary lunges first, and then gradually raise their legs higher and higher, using the pancake from the bar first, then the stand;
- The depth of the Bulgarian split squat is an individual concept. Some people can safely descend into the transverse twine, while others need a long stretch. If any lunges, squats in scissors and twines cause pain, you should abandon the idea of deep Bulgarian split-squats, and replace them with ordinary lunges;
- Obstruction of the knee inward can mean not only weak abduction and gluteal, but also unsuccessful shoes. Running shoes and aerobics shoes can be the cause of this problem. If the sole is too soft, the force in the knee is transmitted and the person loses balance
- To create a more stable design, you need to work out the emphasis with the back to the bar. You should learn to reduce the shoulder blades to the spine and lower them to the pelvis, and at the same time strongly draw in the stomach;
- In order to level out and prevent distortions, you will have to actively involve the core muscles in the work;
- Be sure to check the position of the shoulders - the bar should lie flat;
- The Bulgarian split squat in Smith is not recommended to be performed in a technique that involves emphasizing the back in the bar. Such a construction of the exercise spoils its biomechanics, and does not allow performing all the movement technically;
- Do not experiment too much with stride length, make it too large or too small. It is important to maintain a reasonable balance so as not to fall
- Depending on the stride length . The shorter the step, the more quadriceps are loaded during operation, and less = hip biceps. The longer the step, the more significantly the buttocks work, and the smaller the quadriceps. A short step is designed to work out quadriceps;
- A variation of this exercise can be considered a lunge with rubber around the hips , in this case, an additional load on the buttocks is given, and you can take less weight in the Smith machine;
- A separate variation is a lunge with the frontal position of the bar , it is designed to strengthen the muscles of the front surface of the thighs and buttocks almost simultaneously. This variation is chosen if harmonious muscle development is needed, and not just gluteal pumping.
The Bulgarian split squats in Smith sometimes play the role of the main exercise in the plan, and then they are added exclusively as the first movement. In other plans, they are intended to supplement the basic basic movements, increase the mobility of the hip joints, improve the work of individual muscle groups. Exercise can be performed both in power mode for 5-6 repetitions, and in more multi-repetition, the choice of mode depends on the goal.