Today on the market there are a huge number of all kinds of bars. A popular treat for every taste and purpose can be purchased at almost every supermarket, as well as in specialized sports nutrition stores. Let's see how useful are slimming bars?
Protein bars - what are they for?
Protein bars are a nutritious mixture that includes only beneficial components: slow carbohydrates, protein, various types of fiber, fats, vitamins and minerals.
Replacing meals and using bars as a snack is possible in the following situations:
- before or after training to replenish strength;
- with an intensive mode of sports activities;
- as a way to quickly satisfy the hunger (rarely, if it is impossible to cook food).
Can I eat protein bars for weight loss?
No bar directly affects weight loss, and does not have fat-burning properties. The main objective of the product is to satisfy hunger in the absence of ordinary food and restore energy reserves in the body.
When choosing a snack, it is important to look at the contents of the components. Additional additives directly affect the ability to weaken the feeling of hunger, activate metabolic processes, and replenish wasted forces.
What are the fitness bars: rules of choice
When choosing the right product, you need to pay attention to the following information on the package:
- The amount of protein . Optimally, the rate necessary for a full replenishment of stocks is 20 g.
- Type of carbohydrates . The amount of the substance is within 30 g. A quality mass should contain only “slow” carbohydrates. The presence of "fast" carbohydrates equates the bar to ordinary sweets.
- Cellulose. Minimum, in the bar - 3-5 g.
- Useful ingredients. The product must contain vitamins and minerals. The best bar is a mixture of cereals, protein and trace elements.
- Calorie content . Choose a snack, depending on the purpose. If the task is to lose weight, then the usual snack is selected low-calorie. Before training and immediately after, to give strength and restore energy, you can eat a more high-calorie snack.
All bars are divided into 3 types: protein, fruit, granola. Between themselves, they differ in content, in the ratio of BZHU, as well as in their ability to remove hunger.
They are a good substitute for dessert. Better to eat in the morning. The mass consists of nuts and dried fruits. Most often, the bar itself is covered with chocolate icing. A healthy treat should not contain sugar or harmful additives.
The composition includes valuable cereals, fiber and proteins. Sometimes chopped pieces of fruits, berries, nuts are added. A high-carb product is used as a complete meal. At a later time of the day, they should not feast on.
Differ in the minimum content of carbohydrates. Usually, include useful L-carnitine. It is better to use the supplement 30-40 minutes before playing sports. Active trace element accelerates the transport of fatty acids to muscle tissue. Thus, the body receives the necessary energy for effective activity.
They are used to gain muscle mass. Suitable for a small snack in the daytime, and in the evening when there is a feeling of hunger. Abuse of appetizer is not recommended. On average, a 100 gram bar has 400 kcal. When choosing a product, special attention must be paid to the amount of sugar.
What bars can you eat with weight loss
Those who follow a diet, experts recommend a more thorough approach to the choice of food.
In order not to exceed the calorie content, the product must contain only safe and natural ingredients: vitamins, protein, cereals, seeds, cereals, fruits and berries. Eat, even a healthy treat, is possible only in moderation.
Diet Bars: Usage Tips
In order to get the most benefit from the bars, it is important to follow simple rules:
- Including the product in the daily diet, you must take into account its composition and calorie content.
- The protein type of snack is suitable for satisfying hunger after sports. Snacks are allowed in the afternoon, during the afternoon snack.
- Muesli briquette, tiles with fruits, berries, nuts, it is better to use in the morning or before training.
- Nutrient mass is quite heavy food for the body. Per day, it is not recommended to eat more than 60-100 g.
- For drinking, pure water, unsweetened tea or nonfat milk is used.
- To maintain a calorie deficit , healthy sweets must be combined with physical activity.
Bars for weight loss: the best brands
Top 3 Protein-protein.
- Quest Bar (60 g.)
A fairly well-known American manufacturer, is considered one of the best in this line of products. Made from safe ingredients. It has a concise composition, without adding extra components. It contains whey, milk protein - 21 g, corn fibers - 14 g, fats - 5 g, sweetener - 5 g. Nutrition value - 180 kcal.
- a lot of protein;
- the presence of antibiotics (soft fibers that do not cause irritation in the stomach);
- pleasant taste.
Of the minuses, only the price is about 250 rubles.
- BioTech USA Zero Bar (50 g )
High-protein type of snack without lactose. It consists of an isolate of whey (milk) protein (20 g), fiber (6 g), fats (7.5 g). To give a taste, harmless sweeteners (malitol, stevia) are used. One serving - 188 kcal.
The main advantages:
- low carb
- Suitable for evening reception.
- some tastes a bit bitter.
Cost - 145-160 rubles.
- BombBar (60 g.)
A popular Russian brand is the best option in terms of price-quality ratio. Milk protein concentrate (20 g), fiber (20 g), stevia (4 g), fats - 4 g are used in the production, the product is enriched with vitamin C. Calories - 131.
The main advantages:
- high protein;
- has a wide variety of tastes;
- saturates for a long time;
- acceptable price.
The disadvantage is the presence of coarse poorly soluble fiber. Price per serving - 100-120 rubles.
Top 4 Brands with a protein-carbohydrate composition.
- Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch (63 g .)
Designed for athletes during the period of mass gain, also suitable for a snack after an intense workout. It contains protein isolate - 20 g, carbohydrates - 28 g, including sugar (5 g), dietary fiber - 12 g, fats - 7 g. Energy value - 220 kcal.
- optimal portion of protein;
- healthy carbohydrates;
- pleasant taste.
The disadvantages include the presence of soy protein. The price is 160-170 rubles.
- BSN Protein Crisp (57 g)
Well-known brand among professional athletes. Refers to a useful energy source based on a mixture of isolate and protein concentrate (20 g), carbohydrates (23 g), fat (7 g), fiber (6 g) Nutritional value - 235 kcal.
- ideal for BZHU in the period of mass collection;
- has a pleasant taste;
- relatively inexpensive.
As well as the first option, it contains soy protein. The cost is 120-128 rubles.
- Nitrotech Crunch (65 g.)
It well reduces the feeling of hunger, allows you to quickly recover after an intense load. It includes a sufficient amount of protein - 22 g., A lot of carbohydrates (including corn syrup) - 24 g., A small part of the fibers - 5 g, fats - 7 g. In total - 240 kcal.
The main advantages:
- proportions of BZHU;
Of the insignificant minuses - too dry consistency. Price - from 170 rubles.
- MyProtein Oat & Whey (88 g.)
A hearty snack with a high content of complex carbohydrates (38 g), enriched with vitamins and cereals. The composition is sustained according to the norm of protein - 22 g, fiber - 7 g, fat - 10 g. Calorie content - 325.
Benefits: very nutritious.
The cost of one portion is 130-140 p.
Homemade Cereal Bars
Nutritious tiles, you can cook yourself.
To do this, you need to prepare the following components:
- skimmed milk powder;
- Whey Protein;
- vegetable oil;
- fruits and berries.
- Take a deep bowl, pour a glass of cereal into it, 100 g of powdered milk, 1.5 tablespoons of protein, mix
- Beat 2 proteins, pour into a dry mass, add pieces of fruit or berries (if desired, you can grind the contents in a blender).
- Prepare a baking sheet, grease the bottom with a few drops of oil.
- Form suitable shapes and put on the prepared surface.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
You can use another recipe that does not require baking.
Of the products you will need:
- 0.5 cups of yogurt;
- 60 g muesli;
- protein powder - 2 tablespoons;
- 25 g. Ground oatmeal;
- 0.5 l bran;
- peanuts, almonds;
- Cocoa - 35 g.
How to cook:
- Combine all the loose ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Pour in yogurt, add nuts. The mixture should be very thick.
- Form a few small rectangles. Sprinkle with coconut.
Put in the refrigerator for 2-2.5 hours.
The benefits and harms of protein bars
Bars are a convenient option for a quick snack. They do not take up much space and have a long shelf life. Compared to sweets, protein tiles are lower in calories. With proper use, the product allows you to replenish the reserves of protein and minerals in the body.
Despite its usefulness, the use of goodies is important to approach wisely. Without special need, do not replace them with a full meal. Obese people with diabetes, such a variant of a constant snack, can only do harm.
Abuse, a useful product, can negatively affect the well-being, even of an absolutely healthy person.
The systematic use of bars as a dessert and their use instead of confectionery sweets is not justified. In the presence of excess body weight and low physical activity, nutritional tiles will do more harm than good.