The best exercise for the buttocks
Squats are among the five most important exercises necessary for a comprehensive body training. With the help of squats, not only the muscles of the hips and buttocks are developed, but also, due to the load on the muscles of the body, a toned and flat stomach is formed.
The main difference between squats for girls is that because of their lower muscle mass and wider pelvis, it is more difficult for them to perform the exercise technically correctly even with a minimum weight. However, it is squats that are important for creating elastic buttocks.
Hip Fat Exercise
Since the muscles of the legs are composed of slow fibers that use fat as fuel (unlike the muscles of the upper half of the body, which consist of fast fibers that need carbohydrates), girls usually accumulate “excess reserves” in the buttocks and hips.
Regular performance of squats with a high number of repetitions not only tones up the muscles, but also normalizes metabolism, forcing the body to burn fat in the problem area - that is why squats can really improve the female figure.
Barbell squats for girls
Due to the wider pelvis in girls, the load on the joints when doing squats increases. Since the femur approaches the knee joint at a large angle, this makes the position of the knees less stable, increasing the risk of injury when there is stress.
Given the fact that the trapezius muscles that fix the barbell in a stable position are weaker in girls, it is fundamentally difficult for them to maintain weight on their shoulders. Barbell squats should only be performed by girls under the supervision of a professional trainer.
Top Squat Rules for Girls
1. The look is directed forward. When doing squats, it’s important to look not down at your feet, but forward — otherwise you may lose balance. The gaze should be directed to a point located on the floor 3-4 meters in front of you.
2. Body weight on the heels. One of the main mistakes in squats is weight transfer from heels to socks. In order to distribute body weight correctly, you need to put your feet shoulder width apart. Shoes must be on a thin flat sole.
3. The back is straight. Rounding the back is the first reason girls get injured while doing squats. Correctly performed squats require a straight back and straightened, slightly shouldered shoulders (the chest is slightly bulging up).
4. The lower point is below the horizontal. At the lower point of the thigh should be slightly below the horizontal, otherwise the buttocks are only partially included in the work. If you find it difficult to squat low with your arms extended forward, keep them brought together (the “prayer” pose).
5. Sit back, not forward. Squats should repeat the movement in which you are as if sitting on a chair, not leaning and not leaning forward - during exercise, make sure that your knees do not go beyond the line of the big toes.
What squats to start with?
Girls are advised to start training in the correct squats with the easiest version with arms resting on the gymnastics shelf of the bodybar - this will allow you to feel the work of the muscles. Then you can move on to squats with your hands together.
Another way to understand the proper technique of exercise is to squat with a low box or bench - just place them under your buttocks and squat until you touch them lightly. In this case, you really feel what muscles you use.
How many approaches to do?
As FitSeven mentioned above, leg training for girls requires performing exercises with a high number of repetitions - and, accordingly, quite light weight. High weights and 5-7 repetitions should only be used by men .
Start by doing 10-15 reps of squats per box, then 1-2 sets of 15-20 squats with your hands together, and then basic 2-3 sets of squats with your arms extended in front of you with the maximum number of repetitions in each.
Squats with body weight is one of the best physical exercises available to girls to form elastic buttocks even at home. The main secrets of the correct squat technique are looking ahead, a straight back and straightened chest.