The buttock bridge in Smith is technically simpler than with a barbell. The athlete does not need to hold the projectile so that it does not move, it does not need to be fixed on the hips, and you can stand in the most convenient position. The trajectory of the neck is straight, which creates a certain load on the knees, but there are also models of simulators with an elliptical course of the bar.
- It is necessary to install a support for the feet so that flexion in the hip joints ensures complete lowering of the pelvis, and stretching of the gluteal muscles. It is convenient to select the height of the step platform for yourself with the help of height adjustment. But sometimes you have to put pancakes and other supports;
- The bench under the shoulder blades must be positioned so that the position of the body is stable, the body does not slip;
- The feet should be fully supported on the support, the shoulder blades should lie on the support;
- Release the neck of Smith's machine by placing it on the hip bend
- Lower the pelvis down, as if you were crouching, but at the same time stretched your buttocks to the floor;
- Due to the contraction of the gluteal muscles and good emphasis in the feet, push the pelvis up;
- In the upper position, the back is completely parallel to the floor;
- The exhalation is carried out on the rise;
- Movement due to extension only in the hip joint;
- The finger must be held by hands so that it does not rotate around its axis, and does not cling to a safety support;
- Work smoothly and slowly, exhaling with effort.
- You should not sit on your buttocks on the floor to relax between sets. This will not make your work easier, it will simply lead to violations of technology;
- Do not push the pelvis too high, pinching the buttocks at the top. This will result in compression of the sciatic nerve and discomfort;
- If it is not convenient to work or it hurts because of the structure of the hip joint, it is worth putting a rolled-up rug or special pillow under the neck;
- Gluteal bridge in Smith on one leg . Work in this style for those who can not achieve a uniform load on the buttocks due to the asymmetric structure of the body;
- Buttock bridge in Smith with a rubber shock absorber . The round shock absorber is put on the hips, at the start of the movement the athlete stretches the shock absorber in different directions with his feet, which allows more to include the buttocks in the work;
- Gluteal bridge with a barbell or dumbbell . This is an option for those who are easier to work on an elliptical trajectory;
The main working muscle group is the buttock and thigh biceps array. The press as a stabilizer, quadriceps, and calf and soleus like stabilizers are included in the work.
Exercise can be included as the main one in women's training specializing in the buttocks or as an auxiliary if other exercises, such as squats and lunges, are performed.
The movement can be performed in the mode from 8-12 repetitions to multi-repetition. If the training is specialized in the development of strength, 5-6 repeated sets are possible. Exercise is best done no more than 1-2 times a week. The movement is used in men's training too.