Before revealing the secrets of pumping an impressive chest, it is necessary to find out the factors by which, even for many professional athletes, the pectoral muscles are significantly behind in development against the background of general muscles.
How to pump pectoral muscles
Remember that there are only three real reasons for which the majority of trainees do not have impressive pectoral muscles:
- Firstly , an athlete cannot qualitatively feel the work of muscle fibers when performing a chest exercise. It turns out a bad neuromuscular connection, the brain cannot 100% turn on the pectoral muscles and cause microtraumas of muscle fibers.
- Secondly , how can we talk about growth and overcompensation, when there is no increase in training weights and the body does not receive stress, which is the main reason for the growth of muscle fibers.
- Thirdly , most athletes incorrectly accentuate the load, always training only certain areas of the pectoral muscles.
Take a look at the chest muscle training class
For other reasons, just forget, they are unreasonable and invented by theorists of glossy magazines to make you buy another newfangled supplement that will accurately bring the development of your muscles to a new level.
Surely you have a question, but what about the technical nuances of performing the exercise, because it plays an important role in the development of a certain muscle structure. The answer to this question lies in the first paragraph, which is not in vain occupies the initial position. What is the technique needed for when performing an exercise to properly load muscle fibers. However, if there is no neuromuscular connection, no technical tricks will cause your pectoral muscles to grow.
The correct technique is necessary for the brain to be able to select the optimal amplitude of movement and to qualitatively reduce the training muscle. Using the right technique, you facilitate the work of your brain and give it the opportunity to optimally bring the muscles to a failure point. Naturally, a consequence of this attitude to training is an increase in muscle mass and strength.
Therefore, the technique of exercise and the ability to properly contract muscle fibers are concepts that cannot exist separately. What conclusion can we make from the foregoing:
- the right technical skills with poor neuromuscular communication will not help you to qualitatively reduce the working muscle group;
- a good neuromuscular connection, even with a satisfactory technique of doing the exercise, will bring your muscles to failure and start the mechanism of overcompensation and growth.
Without an understanding of the above points, it simply does not make sense to describe instructions for enlarging the pectoral muscles. Because athletes will apply new recommendations without correcting simple fundamental errors, which will not make it possible to increase muscle volume.
How to solve the above problems that inhibit the growth of the pectoral muscles of 90% of training athletes?
- All exercises aimed at developing the pectoral muscles are performed with the perfect technique.
- Daily visualization before bedtime.
You need to conduct daily training of the neuromuscular system. Before going to bed, perform an imaginary exercise without additional burden, for 5 minutes. This is necessary in order to learn how to properly include muscles in the work. At the same time, the effect is overwhelming, your brain will learn to efficiently reduce muscle group at the time of the exercise.
Lack of progression in training loads!
There is a well-known and undeniable axiom of iron sport to start the growth mechanism, it is necessary to systematically increase training weights. This is exactly what 90% of athletes cannot understand and put into practice. The bulk makes an ambiguous increase in the bench press and then trains with this weight throughout the year. Naturally, growth is out of the question.
You can neglect all the other rules and still increase muscle mass by adding 1 kilogram per month to the bench press. Believe me, you will grow, even if the technical moment is two.
The intensity of the training can be changed by different methods: increasing the weight of the projectile, reducing rest between sets, increasing or decreasing the number of approaches and repetitions. But until you press 140-150 kilograms while lying down, cyclic weight gain is considered the main anabolic for you.
Focus on lagging areas of the chest muscles!
If you really want to have a chest like Arnold Schwarzenegger, then you need to start focusing on training the lagging sections of the pectoral muscles, and forget about the strengths of your chest that allow you to work with the largest training weights.
Naturally, this is the upper and inner part of the chest muscles. It is these areas that betray the volume of the breast and, due to their genetic location, react poorly to a progressive load.
Remember that 70% of the time you should spend on training the top of the chest and only 30% on the development of a powerful bottom.
Now take a look at how you and the majority of visitors to the gyms train, the accented bench press on a horizontal bench, and many other exercises aimed at developing the lower chest. As a result, a hypertrophied bottom and a highly underdeveloped upper chest are obtained.
With this state of affairs, the final refusal of training will lead to sagging of the pectoral muscle, which will greatly spoil the appearance of the physique. To avoid this, always focus on training the upper chest and pay less attention to the lower thoracic regions.
What exercises should be used to develop an impressive breast?
All exercises for breast training can be divided into two groups:
- Presses - performed in exercise machines, barbell or dumbbells.
- Wiring - which can also be done with dumbbells and a crossover.
Effective nursing exercises at home
Naturally, first of all, it is necessary to focus on the basic exercises, and the determining one among them for pumping the chest is the bench press lying on an inclined bench .
Technical nuances of the bench press on an incline bench!
- Firstly , the inclined angle of the bench should be 30 degrees. Such a position will allow you to work out the top of the pectoral muscles with high quality and minimize the participation of triceps and deltas. Make the angle sharper and the load will immediately begin to steal triceps and deltas. A horizontal position will connect the lower chest to active work, and the upper part will remain unused.
- Secondly, you need to adjust the correct setting of the hands on the neck. The grip should be a bit narrower than average. This position will provide a large range of motion and will make it possible to better engage the upper pectoral muscles.
- Third , do the movement inside the amplitude. In practice, this means incomplete extension of the elbow joint to turn off the participation of the triceps and to provide the pectoral muscles with the utmost contraction throughout the entire exercise.
The number of repetitions must be performed from 20 to 30 times for beginners to understand the connection between the brain and muscles; experienced athletes can do 6 to 12 repetitions. The first years of training, other presses with a barbell should be completely excluded from your training program, because they are not able to affect the upper sections of the pectoral muscles.
When to insulate?
Regarding isolating exercises, they need to be performed only after several multi-joint exercises, when the pectoral muscles are already so exhausted that they fail before the ligaments and joints. Isolation is also included in the training program when progressive addition of weights is not necessary.
Learn how to build pectoral muscles at home .
Examples of complexes for the development of impressive pectoral muscles:
Now the time has come for truth, you can act as you see fit, or use the really right training complex.
- Bench press on an inclined bench 4 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
- Dumbbell bench press on an inclined bench 4 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
- Dumbbell wiring 3 sets of 8-15 repetitions.
If you are a beginner in iron sports, wiring can be excluded from the training program. It is imperative to change the angle of the bench when making wiring. For example, today you perform on a vertical bench, and at the next workout, use a horizontal bench.
How to eat to build pectoral muscles?
Surely everyone understands that training leads to microtrauma of the muscles, and nutrients contribute to the restoration and hypertrophy of muscle fibers. One factor cannot exist without the other. Distribute nutrients right and stick to this pattern until your pectoral muscles become like Apollo’s:
- Proteins - 30%;
- Carbohydrates - 60%;
- Fats - 10%.
Protein, it is necessary to use only animal origin, its component should be 2 grams per kilogram of body weight of the athlete. It is such an amino acid set that will provide injured muscle fibers with the necessary building material.
Carbohydrates must be strictly complex, this means that you only need to use cereals, pasta and potatoes. Eliminate all confectionery from the diet. Per kilogram, the body must account for 7 grams of carbohydrates.
Fats , eat predominantly omega 6 and vegetable oil with olive oil. Completely exclude animal fats and instant food from the diet.
Between meals, eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Before going to bed, you can take casein protein and in the morning it is ideal to use BCAA amino acids or whey protein. Before training, always drink liquid carbohydrates, this will help increase blood flow to the working muscle.
How to build chest muscles? All just follow the above recommendations and in a year, all surrounding people will envy your pectoral muscles. Make a body worthy of your spirit.