We have collected the most effective exercises for triceps with dumbbells, which can be performed at home and in the gym. These movements are an integral part of training if you want to pump triceps to a mass or terrain.
They will allow you to accentuate the load on each bundle of the triceps muscle of the shoulder (triceps) and qualitatively pump the muscles of each arm. This is especially important if you have one of the hands weaker and when working with the bar, a stronger hand takes most of the load on yourself. Almost all exercises for triceps training with dumbbells are basic, except for bench presses, which are basic, since I use several joints at the same time.
We recommend combining the triceps training program from exercises with a barbell and dumbbells. To first create stress for the active growth of muscle fibers. And then isolate with dumbbells in isolation to maximize the inclusion of all three beams.
If you have not figured out how to pump triceps , read the article here.
Best Triceps Exercises With Dumbbells
Below are the most popular triceps dumbbell exercises:
Two-handed dumbbell bench press
- Stand straight, take a dumbbell and hold it with both hands behind your head. The side of the dumbbell should face up.
- Lift the dumbbell, bending your arms at the elbows, linger a bit at the top, then slowly lower it down.
- Your shoulders should remain motionless.
Extending your arm with a dumbbell from behind your head
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise, only the dumbbell should be held with one hand and the other hand is lowered down.
- Lift the dumbbell with one hand until the elbow is fully extended, hold for a bit, then slowly lower it down. After several approaches, change hands.
- Watch your shoulders - they should be motionless.
Extending arms with a dumbbell from behind a head while sitting
- In a sitting position, hold the dumbbell behind the head with both hands. The elbows are located at an angle of 90 degrees, the forearms vertically up.
- Lift the dumbbell with both hands until the elbows are fully extended, hold up, then slowly lower it down.
- Do not forget about the static shoulders.
Extension of the arm with a dumbbell in an inclination
- Place your hand and knee on the bench, take the dumbbell with the other hand, the hand is pointing inward, the forearm is parallel to the body.
- Take the dumbbell back, extending your elbow. Hold for a bit, then slowly return to starting position.
- The shoulders are motionless.
Arm extension with a dumbbell while sitting
This exercise can be performed with both hands at the same time and alternating hands.
- In a sitting position, tilt the housing forward. Take a dumbbell with one hand. The brush is directed inward, the elbow at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Take the dumbbell to the side, while making sure that the arm is parallel to the floor. Linger a bit, then return to starting position.
- The shoulders are motionless.
Extending arms with dumbbells lying
In another way, this exercise is called the French bench press dumbbell. It can be performed with a bar, but the advantage of this embodiment is that you can accentuate the load on each arm. With the barbell, a stronger hand can take most of the load, which does not happen when training with dumbbells.
- Lie on a bench on your back. Take a dumbbell in each hand, hands should be pointing up, shoulders pressed tightly to the bench.
- Lift dumbbells, straightening your elbows, linger a bit at the top point. Then slowly return to the starting position.
- Do not forget about the shoulders - they still remain motionless.
Triceps Dumbbell Bench Press
- Lie on a bench on your back, hold dumbbells on the sides of the body, slightly above chest level. Brushes should be directed at each other.
- Lift the dumbbells up until the arms are fully extended, linger at the top point. Then slowly lower the dumbbells.
- Watch your breath - exhale when lifting the dumbbells, and when lowering them.