- Date of birth: July 18, 1967
- Height: 182 cm.
- Weight: 95-105 kg.
- The most popular films: “Fast and the Furious”, “Three X's”, “The Chronicles of Riddick”, “Black Hole”.
Interestingly, Vincent's Mark Sinclair, better known by the name Vin Diesel, did not always have powerful steel muscles, and in high school he even had the nickname “worm” because of his tall stature and lean physique .
The actor received his nickname, which became a stage name, while working as a bouncer at the New York night club “The Tunnel”, where he got a job at the age of 17. Vin is short for Vincent, and he was nicknamed Diesel for his inexhaustible energy.
Bouncer work in a nightclub
Vin Diesel : “I worked as a bouncer for almost ten years - in New York, one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Daily strength training and muscle gain, you can say, were required to improve my professional qualities. "
“I built my body in ordinary street gyms using an old, proven technique — a regular barbell and bench bench press. I needed to look massive and even dangerous. Being a bouncer at The Tunnel and Mars is not for wimps. ”
Vin Diesel Training System
Vin Diesel: “I used to want to gain as much muscle as possible. Now my training is built on work on each part of the body, first I load it with heavy basic exercises for 2-3 sets, then I finish it with isolating ones in 10-12 repetitions. ”
In order to increase coordination of movements and improve mastery of his body, the actor practices yoga and Pilates classes: “These techniques are necessary to create a load that is atypical for muscles and the whole body, which really helps” (2) .
The Vin Diesel program for gaining muscle mass involves three weekly strength training, as well as classes in various types of cardio (running, swimming), yoga or Pilates on rest days. The strength program itself is built on basic exercises.
Joshua Kozak, the actor’s personal trainer, claims that Vin Diesel periodically replaces strength training with high-intensity round-robin training based on the principles of the CrossFit system. The goal is to study the relief of the muscles (3) .
Monday: chest and shoulders
- Bench press or bench press dumbbell - 4 x 5-6
- Breeding dumbbells in an incline - 3 x 10-12
- Pushups from the floor - 2 x max.
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 3 x 6
- Lifting the bar to the chin - 3 x 8
- Side Dumbbell Lift - 3 x 10-12
- Deadlift - 3 x 5
- The pull of the block to the belt with a wide grip - 3 x 8
- Waist dumbbell pull - 3 x 10
- Pullups - 4 x Max
Friday: legs and arms
- Dumbbell bench press for biceps lying on an incline bench - 3 x 8
- Dumbbell Press for Hammer Biceps - 3 x 10-12
- Triceps block pull - 3 x 8
- Narrow grip pull-ups - 2 x max
- Squats - 3 x 10
- Lunges - 2 x 8 (for each leg)
- Lifting socks with a barbell - 2 x 13
Diet Vin Diet
The actor follows a diet low in fat, high in protein and carbohydrates with an average glycemic index. The daily intake is 2500-2700 kcal, the meal is divided into 6-8 parts, 300-500 calories in each serving (3) .
The main sources of protein in the diet of Vin Diesel are chicken and low-fat beef, the main sources of carbohydrates are vegetables, fruits, as well as baked potatoes. In addition, the actor prefers to eat products labeled "bio."
The training system of Vin Diesel, thanks to which he gained muscle mass, is based on the classical principles of the basic program - heavy loads and a low number of repetitions. Now the actor uses circular training.
- MH UK interview: Vin Diesel, source
- Vin Diesel Talks About Working Out Lightbulbs and Actings, YouTube Video
- Vin Diesel Workout, source