The controversy over separate nutrition and combination of products does not stop for a long time. Herbert Shelton, an American by birth, was seriously involved in weight loss, starvation, and proper eating. Thanks to the scientist’s research, a product compatibility table has been created.
Using the data in the table helps to normalize digestion processes, improve health.
How to combine food at a table with separate meals: 7 rules
When compiling a diet, the following rules are followed:
- Products are divided into groups.
- Heat treatment is used infrequently, trying to preserve useful substances.
- Protein food is consumed 4 hours after carbohydrates.
- It is forbidden to consume convenience foods, canned, refined food.
- Limit sweets. Honey is allowed.
- Milk is considered an independent food.
- Allowed to eat wholemeal bread.
The division of products into groups is explained by the fact that proteins are absorbed by an acidic environment, carbohydrates - by an alkaline one. Their simultaneous use leads to the incompatibility of these environments. There is a neutralization of the released enzymes. The digestive system slows down. Unhealthy fats, salts, and slags accumulate.
The combination of products with proper nutrition: table
Product group compatibility is shown in the table:
|7||Cereals, bakery products, potatoes||=||+||+||+||=||@||=||=||+||+||=||=||=|
|eight||Sour fruits, tomatoes||=||=||+||+||+||=||=||@||+||=||+||=||+|
|nine||Sweet and Dried Fruits||=||=||=||=||=||@||+||+||=||=|
|ten||Green vegetables without starch (cabbage, eggplant, onions, cucumbers)||+||+||+||+||+||+||+||+||+||@||+||=||+||+||+||+|
|eleven||Starchy vegetables (beets, carrots,|
|13||Sour-milk products, cottage cheese||=||=||=||+||=||=||=||+||+||+||=||=||+||=||+|
= do not combine;
combination is allowed;
+ good combination.
Separate nutrition for weight loss: principles
Shelton has developed a separate power system to improve health. Practice has shown that the normalization of the digestive organs leads to weight loss.
The reason for getting rid of extra pounds is a change in lifestyle:
- food intake is observed. A habit develops: the body ceases to stock up for the future;
- harmful high-calorie food is excluded from the menu;
- increased consumption of vegetables. Protein-containing foods are included. Fats are consumed to a minimum;
- the amount of eaten portion is reduced;
- sports activities are included;
- the volume of drinking water increases;
- metabolism is normalized;
- digestion improves, weight decreases.
The results are not getting fast. Weight decreases gradually, about 1 kg per week is lost.
Invalid combinations with separate meals
Shelton identified combinations of products whose combination is undesirable:
- Protein + saturated protein. Combining meat, fish products, eggs with nuts is undesirable. For processing, you need a large amount of gastric juice. Digestion is delayed. Gasses are formed, bloating disturbs, the intestines cannot cope.
- Protein + fat. Fat prevents the stomach from working out the right amount of gastric juice. Food is digested slowly, partially remains unprocessed.
- Protein + acid. Sour food is not eaten along with meat, eggs, cottage cheese. Gastric acid is sufficient for their splitting. Eating fruits reduces the processing process. Acidity increases, heartburn appears. After protein foods do not eat acidic fruits. 6 hours, protein is digested in the stomach. Fruits, berries are digested by the intestines, stay in the stomach for half an hour. Staying longer cause fermentation, their usefulness is lost.
- Carbohydrates + acid. Excess acid destroys the degrading enzyme.
- Carbohydrates + carbohydrates. Digestive and metabolic processes are reduced, Excess carbohydrates turn into fat.
- Carbohydrates + sugar. Eat sweets separately from meals. In order not to gain extra calories, it is better to eat before dinner.
- Milk replaces food; it is not considered a drink.
- Melon is rich in nutrients. Cleanses the body. Eat separately.
Sample menu for 1 day (taking into account the table data)
The menu, made taking into account compatibility, looks like this:
|Morning||Lean porridge on water from buckwheat; cucumbers|
|First snack||Hard boiled eggs|
|Noon||Boiled chicken breast with stewed vegetables - cabbage, eggplant, onions|
|Second snack||Sliced Cucumbers with Cabbage|
|Evening||Eggplant, Baked Fish Fillet|
Eat tasty and healthy dishes. You can create a diet for weight loss, given compatibility. Eat less, the body is saturated faster.
Separate diet diets
Weight loss is considered a regularity. Different diets have been created, especially for the female half.
Often resort to a diet of "90 days." Cyclical five-day courses are held.
The following days are distinguished:
- vitamin. Consume fruits;
Five-day cycles are repeated without interruptions.
Dishes are easy to prepare. The food is varied, tasty, inexpensive.
|Morning||Two apples, honey-vinegar water|
|Noon||Chicken soup with green onions, a piece of grain bread; boiled chicken breast, cabbage and cucumber salad|
|Evening||Boiled chicken breast, cabbage and cucumber salad|
|Morning||1 banana, water, honey-acetic water|
|Noon||Vegetable soup, a slice of whole grain bread;|
Honey mushrooms with rice and stewed eggplant;
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
|Evening||Honey mushrooms with rice and stewed eggplant;|
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
|Morning||Two pears, honey and vinegar water|
|Noon||Pasta with carrots in tomato sauce, biscuits|
|Evening||1 slice of dark chocolate|
cake or ice cream
|Morning||Strawberry -150 g, honey-vinegar water|
|Noon||Fruit cocktail (kiwi, strawberries, banana, apple);|
pear salad with dried apricots and nuts;
|Evening||Apple and carrot grated salad;|
The 90 day diet is easy to tolerate. Additionally include exercise.
In pregnant women and breastfeeding, in the presence of gastrointestinal tract diseases, the excretory system, the diet can harm.
Advantages and disadvantages of this type of food
There are both positive and negative aspects in this system.
The benefits include:
- weight is reduced;
- metabolic processes improve;
- pancreatic load is reduced;
- gastrointestinal tract function improves;
- the work of the vascular system and heart is getting better. Cholesterol is excreted, there are no atherosclerotic plaques and putrefactive processes.
The disadvantages are as follows:
- meat protein is digested worse without carbohydrates (bread, vegetables). Carbohydrates help the pancreas, accelerate the production of enzymes that process protein;
- fiber is necessary for the intestines to work correctly, to be cleaned in time;
- products from a mixed store are not suitable;
- there is a load on the person in psychological terms;
- get used to the regime for a long time;
- experiencing hunger. The volume of eaten is limited - does not exceed 400 g.
The organization of the right diet, the rejection of high-calorie and junk food, an increase in the consumption of fresh vegetables improves health, restores vitality, and helps to become slim and beautiful.