On average, during pregnancy, a woman gains 10-12 kg. This is a physiological phenomenon, therefore, after childbirth, weight returns to the usual indicators. But in some cases, women relax, do not control nutrition and lead an inactive lifestyle, which causes a gain of 15 kg or more.
It is very difficult for them to lose weight. In addition, excess kilograms affect health and cause illness. It is better to familiarize yourself with the recommendations in advance, which will tell you how not to get better during pregnancy.
6 basic rules to help maintain weight
The general rules, thanks to which you can not "eat" a lot of extra pounds for pregnancy, are simple.
They are as follows:
- Calorie Control No need to eat "for two," as everyone says. You need to eat so that the diet is saturated with essential vitamins and minerals. Serving size double or triple is not necessary. The daily diet should be clearly distributed, it must include breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2-3 snacks.
- Compliance with proper sleep. Nutritionists emphasize that the body compensates for the lack of sleep with increased appetite, as it requires more calories.
- Compliance with the drinking regime. If a pregnant woman does not have severe edema and kidney disease, then she needs to drink at least 2 liters of clean water per day, and also diversify the menu with healthy drinks: herbal and green tea, fruit drinks, freshly squeezed juices.
- Motion. During pregnancy, you need to avoid increased physical activity, but completely abandon the movement, too, is not worth it. If there are no contraindications, a woman needs to walk in the fresh air every day, do special gymnastics for pregnant women. Useful yoga, swimming.
- Constant weight control. It is recommended to get on the scales every week to note how much weight gain is different from the norm. The obstetrician-gynecologist will tell you more about the acceptable limits at the reception.
- Refusal of junk food. Do not mask the desire to eat a completely unprofitable product by restructuring in the body. Fried, smoked, flour or too salty is harmful to health and is reflected in weight. To allow yourself this, even during the period of gestation, you need infrequently.
Any diets (except for treatment tables if necessary) during pregnancy are prohibited.
The use of healthy and healthy food is the key to the speedy return of the figure to its usual parameters after childbirth.
Proper nutrition during pregnancy
Useless food that a woman eats when bearing a fetus is not only the reason for gaining excess weight, but also a factor that provokes an upset stomach, causes constipation or heartburn.
Weight Gain Products
This list includes:
- fast food;
- convenience foods, instant food;
- butter baking;
- spicy foods;
- smoked meats;
- fatty and fried;
- industrial sauces (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard);
- too salty foods and dishes;
Alcoholic as well as sweet carbonated drinks are prohibited.
Products that are the basis of the diet of pregnant women
The basis of nutrition is:
- lean meat, poultry and fish;
- vegetables (potatoes are recommended to be limited);
- bran and gray bread;
- dairy, sour-milk products (butter, as well as cream and sour cream with a high percentage of fat to limit);
- dried fruits;
- fruits (in bananas and grapes there is a lot of sugar, so they are in limited quantities);
- vegetable oils as a salad dressing;
- cereals (except semolina and white polished rice).
If you want sweets, you can eat some marshmallows or marmalade.
Ways to cook properly
Weight gain depends not only on the amount of food, but also on the method of its preparation.
A woman who is expecting a baby should avoid all fried foods. This method of heat treatment of products doubles their calorie content.
Throughout all trimesters, it is recommended to cook dishes by boiling in water and steam, as well as baking in the oven.
When cooking, you need to use a minimum amount of spices. Among the permitted ones are dill and parsley, fresh or dried, bay leaf, sesame seeds.
Periodic fasting days are useful for the body of a future mother.
You can arrange them no more than once a week. It is better if they are constantly held on the same day, so that the body gets used to it.
Fasting days are recommended for overweight, swelling, increased pressure, as well as in the presence of diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular failure.
The essence of this approach is to use only one product throughout the day. The whole daily norm should be eaten in 5-6 receptions, in equal parts.
The most popular variant of “unloading” during pregnancy is apple. During the day, eat 1.5-2 kg of fruit, 250-300 g at a time.
Another option is vegetable. The daily ration consists of 1.5 kg of vegetables. It is better to take cucumbers, pumpkin or zucchini. The last two types can be stewed without adding spices or eat raw with a small amount of vegetable oil and lemon juice.
Sour-milk fasting day also has a good effect on the general condition of the pregnant woman and her weight. If the choice fell on fermented baked milk, kefir or natural yogurt, then you need to drink 1.5 l of fermented milk drink during the day. You can also eat cottage cheese - 600 g per day.
Movement during pregnancy is very beneficial for health and body, but only if there are no serious contraindications to this.
Moderate physical activity will help prepare the body for childbirth.
Prohibited sports activities include:
- traumatic sports (ice skating, skiing);
- weight lifting;
- Horseback Riding;
- complex breathing exercises.
At home, you can perform tilts of the body to the right and left, a cross step, neat bends forward and deflections back. If pain occurs during the exercise, stop it immediately and consult a doctor.
Ways to save a figure during gestation
You can fully recover and get in shape only a few months after giving birth. But of great importance for the figure is what a woman takes in the process of bearing the fetus.
Moderate physical activity, a well-composed diet and drinking regimen are important components of the daily routine that help to maintain a figure.
It is worth giving up late meals. Limit fluid after 18:00 hours.
To reduce the risk of stretch marks on the skin of the abdomen and hips, you need to use moisturizing oils. Another secret to skin elasticity and beauty is a contrast shower. Water should never be hot: a cold stream should be replaced by a warm one.
The skin should be looked after systematically.
How many kilograms can be recovered
During the weeks of pregnancy, a woman expecting one baby gains 9-14 kg, while waiting for twins - 16-21 kg.
The bulk is the weight of the fetus (3-4 kg). The same amount is in body fat. Amniotic fluid and an enlarged uterus weigh about 2 kg. Blood volume increases by 1.5-1.7 kg. 1.5-3 kg of additional fluid in the body of a pregnant woman.
In the first trimester, the set is insignificant: a woman gains about 2 kg. Then, with the development of the fetus, weight grows more rapidly. Each month is added per kilogram, and after the seventh month, the gain can reach 400 g per week.
Lack of weight or its rapid leap is an unfavorable sign.
During the second pregnancy, it is easier for a woman to determine the norm.
Weight gain during pregnancy is normal, but how many kilograms a woman will gain depends on her. The final indicators are affected by diet, mobility, and personal care.