Levocarnitine or L-carnitine is a substance that is an acid that is similar in composition to B vitamins, whose main purpose is to transport and burn fat. A certain amount of a substance is naturally produced in the human body, but malnutrition, stress, and other factors that undermine the general state of health lead to a decrease in levocarnitine. That is why it can be prescribed as a pharmacological drug that solves the problem at the level of the drug.
L cardnitine in sports is known for other reasons, which are more associated with the development of muscle of bodybuilders. To increase the effect of regular physical exertion, this drug is used for the following purposes:
- the main reason l-carnitine supplements healthy sports nutrition is an increase in the rate of fat burning;
- decrease in cholesterol and increase in muscle mass, as well as a prophylactic of heart attacks;
- to increase general endurance, that is, both physical and intellectual, which is associated with a general effect on the tone of the body;
- increase immunity.
How to take levocarnitine?
Periodically occurring side effects led to the fact that they talked about the prohibition of the substance l carnitine in sports. As shown by numerous laboratory studies, it was not so much about the dangers of the substance, but about non-compliance with the dosage or personal intolerance. In general, l-carnitine for athletes should be used in accordance with the following recommendations:
- constantly regulate the norm, which in the body should not exceed the daily limit of 400 g;
- athletes or bodybuilders who are preparing for competitions or who adhere to the rhythm of intense sports loads are allowed to increase this figure to 800 g;
- if you decide to switch to levocarnitine, then be sure to reduce the intake of isotonics or stimulants on caffeine or guarana;
- the average course time should not exceed 6 weeks, otherwise the risk of dependence increases and the effect of weight loss will not be;
- without regular physical exertion, levocarnitine does not work, but only harms the body - keep this in mind when planning a training schedule.
If you decide to dilute sports nutrition with l carnitine, then pay attention to the dosage and especially the reception.